Is our family really Irish? Contrary to the claims of family historians who swear we were sent to America by the queen of England during the great famine of 1740, I am not sure. I do know I love St. Patrick’s Day because I keep hoping to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or that lucky four leaf clover. It hasn’t happened yet, but you never know. Until then I will have to make do with these cute St. Patrick’s Day pictures.
These are the easiest pictures I ever made. The hardest step was getting the backs off the photo frames. Someone had really done a number on them and didn’t want them removed! I started by picking up two frames from the thrift store and removing the pictures. You can use any frames you have lying around and paint the frame any color that fits your decor.
I purchased a 49 cent sheet of green chevron scrapbook paper and cut it to fit both my frames. I used six medium stick on foam shamrocks (found in a bag of 60 different sized shamrocks at Michael’s for $4.99). I positioned the shamrocks in place until I found the design I wanted. All that was left was placing the sheets into the frame and adding the backs onto the frame.
I thought they would look even better with a ribbon so I added another thrift store find; a 59 cent ribbon. Both pictures, including the ribbon, cost me around $7.50 to make and look great on my wall.
Did I mention how little time these pictures took to make or how there was no mess to clean up? This is the kind of DIY Shamrock craft that makes me think I truly have the luck of the Irish.
For more amazing St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out some blog posts from a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Non Alcoholic Irish Coffee Creamer from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Irish Potatoes Candy Recipe from My So Called Balance Life
- Simple No Bake Chocolate Crossies in Green from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar Planters from Home and Garden Cafe
- St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes with a healthier twist from Our Family World
- Kiss Me I’m Irish DIY Burlap Bag from A Mom’s Take
- Mint Sugar Scrub from Better in Bulk
- Green Tea Shamrock Cookies from About a Mom
- Mason Jar Tealights from Upstate Ramblings
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe from This Mama Loves
- DIY Hulk Green Slime from Momma D Jane
- A simple Irish dinner from Day by Day in Our World
- Infinite Luck Bracelet from Style on Main
- Reuben Sandwich from How Was Your Day?