It’s the end of the year and tomorrow brings about New Years Resolutions and promises to cut back, exercise and begin eating healthier. I know that is my resolution after all the indulging I have done over the past few months. One of the reasons I have overindulged is because I have visited blogs with delicious looking recipes throughout the year. I’ve drooled over the beautiful pictures, the yummy ingredients and the creativity. I’ve followed boards on pinterest filled with hearty, comforting fare and made and adapted so many dessert recipes that the kids are afraid to touch anything in the kitchen because it might be an ingredient for a recipe I am preparing. I wanted to share some of these amazing dishes I have discovered over the year so you can have the fun of indulging in them too. I’ve also included one of my favorite recipes that have gotten multiple requests from a “remake.” “You haven’t forgotten how to make that dessert, have you?” is a frequently asked question. These aren’t in any particular order, they are all equally yummy.
1. Oatmeal Bars with White Chocolate Chips from Dawn at Homemaking Hacks. . These just beckon me to dunk them in a glass of milk.
2. This farm fresh peach cobbler from Barb at Rural Mom reminds me of my childhood. My mom would make a similar cobbler for a treat. Yum!
3. I enjoy the taste of sea salt on so many things. Brett, at This Mama Loves, shows us how to add them to Chocolate Chip cookies for a taste that is crazy good.
4. Melanie, at Two Boys, One Girl and A Crazy Mom, always tempts my tastebuds with her German treats and insight into their culture from her childhood growing up in Germany. Her Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls are simple but super yummy.
5. Here’s my recipe that has been requested over and over since I shared with friends and family, Gluten Free Toffee Almond Fudge. We’ll be having this again soon!