I have a well-stocked cabinet of baby supplies; baby lotion, baby shampoo, baby oil, baby wash and baby wipes. You name it and it’s probably in my closet. Of course, I use it on the toddler. But did you know that baby lotion is great for adults too? It’s true! There are so many alternate uses for the lotion that I keep a spare bottle on hand for myself. After all, if I can pamper myself without spending a lot of money, who am I to complain? Here are some of my favorite “secret” beauty hacks for baby lotion.
7 Ways To Repurpose Lotion
1. Tame those tootsies! Tired of having dry feet? Apply a thick layer of baby lotion over your entire foot before bedtime. Rub the lotion into extra dry areas, like ankles. Cover your feet with a pair of socks and keep them on overnight. Repeat for several days for smooth, soft feet. Plus, this is especially good in wintertime when I have cold feet anyway! It’s the perfect excuse to wear socks to bed.
2. Remove Rings. Do you have a stubborn ring that refuses to budge on your finger? Rub the entire finger with lotion, making sure to coat as much of the inside and outside of the ring as possible. Gently twist and pull the ring until it is removed from your finger. Don’t pull too hard or you will make your finger swell. No one wants that!
3. Tame Static Electricity. Don’t you hate that annoying static? No one has time for clothes that stick and cling! Break the cycle by applying a small amount of baby lotion to your hand. (The key word is “a small amount.” Don’t overdo it or you’ll have sticky clothing.) Rub your hands together. Run your hands over your clothing and watch the static disappear. This tip works on pets too! It keeps them free of static electricity, softens skin and makes them smell nice! No one wants staticky cats in the winter!
4. Use as Shaving Cream. Who needs expensive shave gel? Just apply a thin layer of baby lotion on your legs and then shave as usual. This will help moisturize legs as well.
5. Make A Refreshing Beach Spray. A day at the beach is so much fun, except for the sticky feeling after the day is over and the occasional sunburn. Help skin feel better by mixing equal amounts of baby lotion and water. Store the mixture in a spray bottle and keep it in your beach bag. When you’re ready to use, shake the mixture well and spritz onto the skin. You can add a small amount of aloe vera gel to this mixture if you like.
6. Make Hair conditioner. Tames those frizzies fast! Mix 1 teaspoon baby lotion and 1 teaspoon water. Comb the mixture through your hair and then rinse well. Your hair should be much more manageable!
7. Make a Custom Scrub. This one is super easy to make and can be customized to be your favorite scent. Mix 1/4 cup sugar, 3 Tablespoons lotion and 5 to 10 drops of essential oil together until blended. Store in an airtight container. (I use several different scents. If I am tired and feeling stressed, I use lavender. If I want to be alert, I use peppermint. If I feel stuffy, I use eucalyptus.) You can adjust the amount of essential oil to create a stronger or lighter fragrance. I’ve enclosed a printable recipe below so you can make it easily whenever you need it.
Printable Custom Scrub Recipe:
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lotion
- 5 to 10 drops of essential oil (use your favorite scent)
- Mix sugar, lotion, and essential oil together until blended. Store in an airtight container.
What is your favorite beauty hack using baby lotion?
You Might Like These Posts: