Spring is almost here and I am thrilled. Baseball, picnics, and outdoor fun! That means you need a great dip recipe. This is also a fan favorite in the fall when we have football parties. I have no clue what’s going on with the game, but I am all about the football parties and tailgating. Let’s face it, you’re probably going to find a bag of chips at any party. You got chips? Your going to need dip! In my opinion nothing beats a good blue cheese dip. I can use it on everything from salads, buffalo wings, chips, to well, almost anything. Blue Cheese dip and dressing is so easy to prepare from scratch and the flavor beats bottled dressing by 100%. As a bonus, this is a naturally gluten free recipe. If you are a fan of blue cheese and bacon, this Bacon Blue Cheese Dip will knock your socks off.
How to Make Bacon Blue Cheese Dip:
You’ll need sour cream, fresh chives, buttermilk, blue cheese and bacon, along with salt and pepper to taste. The recipe called for 4 slices of bacon, plus an additional slice for garnish, but, hey, feel free to go all. You can never have too much bacon, am I right?
Tip: If you can’t find fresh chives, dried chives or green onion tops can be substituted. Only use 3/4 teaspoon of dried compared to the 3 tablespoons of fresh. You can also substitute my chive salt recipe for the chives and salt. Try to use a good quality blue cheese for maximum flavor.
Step 1: Mix the buttermilk and sour cream together until smooth and creamy.
Step 2 : Stir in the blue cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Press the blue cheese against the sides to make sure it is crumbled completely.
Step 3: Stir in bacon.
Voila, the Bacon Blue Cheese Dip is completed! Store it in the fridge for up to a week. It does say to allow the flavors to blend for several hours before eating, but the kids began to devour it as soon as I finish the recipe.
Some helpful hints before making this dip:
*Cook the bacon, crumble and drain before beginning the recipe.
* If you crumble the blue cheese finely before beginning the recipe it will blend better, creating more flavor.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Sour Cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, use a good quality cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup finely chopped bacon (about four slices)
- Additional bacon and chives for garnish, optional
- Whisk the sour cream and buttermilk together in a bowl until loose and creamy, then use a rubber spatula to stir in the blue cheese, chives, pepper, salt and bacon. Press the blue cheese against the sides of the bowl to crumble it further and blend it into the dip. Cover and refrigerate overnight to let the flavors meld further before serving. Garnish with chives and bacon if desired. Store the dip in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
This recipe is great for parties, tailgating or for anytime you want a delicious snack.
You might like these posts: