I first tried this antipasto salad recipe at a church picnic. I felt like my taste buds were in heaven. Sorry, couldn’t resist the pun. The lady who makes also worked at the high school cafeteria where my daughter went to school. She included this on the weekly menu. Brittany begged me to ask for the recipe. When I did I was told, “Ok, I usually make a batch for 300 people so you’ll need to cut it down.” After some trial and error, I developed this recipe for the best antipasto salad recipe ever.
The Best Antipasto Salad Recipe Ever
She also shared The Secret to making this salad taste so fresh and delicious is an ice bath. After removing the pasta from the stove and draining it, place it in a large bowl. Place the bowl in a bed of ice until it has completely cooled. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and then place the salad into the fridge until ready to serve. Tip: If you want a gluten free meal, substitute gluten free noodles. If you need dairy free, use a dairy free cheese, chopped into cubes.
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta OR gluten free pasta
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cubed OR Cheese substitute for dairy free
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 4 ounces hard salami, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (16 ounces) bottle Italian Salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Place the bowl of pasta in ice until completely cooled. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cheese, pepperoni, salami, green pepper, celery, onion, and tomatoes. Pour dressing over the pasta and mix to coat. Refrigerate for several hours until thoroughly chilled.
This is great for a light lunch or served as a dinner side dish. If you want to get creative, you can swap out the salad dressing for blue cheese salad dressing. It will give the salad a whole different taste!
Do you have a favorite pasta salad recipe that is always a hit? What is your favorite summer salad recipe?
You Might Like These Posts: