I am all about shortcuts in the kitchen. I have no problem with semi-homemade desserts if they save me time. But, thanks to my Bellini Kitchen Master that automatically mixes my baked goods with little help from me, I whip up homemade desserts right and left. This recipe is easy to whip up with a regular mixer or Kitchen Aid too and tastes so good. Smooth, rich chocolatey goodness comes through in every bite. This recipe can also be made gluten-free with one simple ingredient change! Try it and see if you agree it is the Best Homemade Candy Bar Brownies recipe you’ve ever had.
The Best Homemade Candy Bar Brownies
If you need gluten-free brownies, simply use gluten-free all-purpose flour and gluten-free candy bars. For the gluten-free candies, you could use any of the following or go crazy and add a mixture of candies. The choice is yours! Good gluten-free candy options for this recipe include:
3 Musketeers Bars
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (BUT NOT THE SEASONAL VARIETIES)
Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Kisses
*Note: Always check the labels of candies as the ingredients can change without notice.
If you don’t need Gluten Free options, I suggest Milky Way bars or Twix bars. Be sure to break the candy into chunks before mixing or use the bite-sized bars. This is a great way to use leftover Halloween candy too.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cocoa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) all-purpose flour OR use Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chopped candy bars of your choice
- Add melted butter to a large bowl. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs, beating well after each addition.Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to mixture and stir until blended. Stir in cocoa until blended. Add candy bars and stir just until mixed.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13" by 9" baking dish. Place in preheated 350-degree oven. Bake for 25 or 30 minutes. Note: You want the center of the brownies to be soft.
This recipe can be made with all sorts of variations. Love mocha? Add a teaspoon of instant coffee to the mix for Mocha brownies. Want a richer, more chocolatey flavor? Add more cocoa powder. Like more candy? Add more chopped candy. These are truly the “designer brownies,” allowing them to be made to your taste preferences.
What is your favorite homemade dessert?
You Might Like These Posts:
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies Bars