I had a package of chocolate chip cookie dough in my fridge I needed to use. I knew I could make cookies, but I wanted to make something extra special to surprise my family. I found it in this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars recipe. I adapted it a little, but it still has only five ingredients and tastes so good. This recipe is perfect for those times you have to send last minute snacks to school or to a bake sale. It can be made gluten free by using a package of gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough. Easy-peasy.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
You’ll need a package of chocolate chip cookie dough from the refrigerated section, cream cheese, an egg, sugar and milk chocolate candy bars. If you don’t have any milk chocolate candy bars on hand, you can use chocolate chips or another type of candy bar. I’m sure it would be delicious.
Roll the chocolate chip cookie dough out so it covers the bottom of a 9” by 9” square pan. To be honest, I don’t think the size matters You could easily use a round pan and make it into a large chocolate chip cheesecake bar for a birthday party. Tip: Make clean up easy for yourself by adding a piece of waxed or parchment paper to the pan. When the bars have cooled, just lift up the paper and remove the bars. Simple cleanup is the way to go!
Mix the egg, cream cheese, and sugar together. I saved a couple of pieces of dough and added it to the cream cheese mixture for extra flavor. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the bars from the oven and immediately cover with pieces of the chocolate bar. When the bar is melted, use a knife to spread the chocolate. Allow the bars to cool and cut into squares.
- 1 (16 ounces) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (use gluten-free cookie dough, if desired)
- 2 (1.4 ounces each) milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- Spread cookie dough evenly across the bottom of a 9” by 9” pan. (Save 1 to 2 ounces to include in the batter.)
- Mix cream cheese, egg, sugar and cookie dough together until blended. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the dough.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate pieces across the top of the bars.
- When the chocolate has melted, use a knife to spread the chocolate evenly across the top.
- Allow bars to cool and cut into pieces.
What is your favorite easy dessert recipe?