As Critter gets older, she wants to sit at the table and eat dinner with us. This makes preparing dinner difficult. She has so many food allergies. We can’t have anything with dairy products, soy, oats, cashews, or pears on the table. If she sees us eating it, she wants to share. Strangely, one of the few things she is not allergic to is peanut butter. That’s when I decided to adapt a Vegan peanut butter fudge recipe to a chocolate and peanut butter fudge recipe. This is so good no one will believe it is dairy-free, gluten-free, and Vegan. To test my theory, I tried it on unsuspecting family members without telling them it was Vegan. Everyone told me how much they enjoyed the taste. I didn’t inform them of my secret. To be fair, I gave some to a Vegan friend and she liked it too. This one is a crowd pleaser!
Two Layer Chocolate & Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Did I mention this fudge has only four ingredients and is no-bake? It has a short prep time too! I spent around ten minutes making the fudge from start to finish. It does need chilling time, so plan ahead. If you have peanut allergies, try this with sunflower butter. It has a different taste, but it is still good! I like to use “milk” chocolate chips in mine, but if you are a fan of dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate, those work as well. If you don’t have any allergies, you can use regular chocolate chips and real butter in the recipe.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Peanut Butter OR Sunflower Butter
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Confectioners Sugar
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) dairy-free "butter"
- 1 cup (8 ounces) dairy free chocolate chips in your choice of Milk, Dark, or Semi-Sweet
- Melt ½ cup of the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add peanut butter, butter, and confectioners sugar into a large bowl. Stir until blended. In a 7" by 9 " baking dish lined with waxed paper, spread the peanut butter mixture evenly across the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Pour chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture and spread evenly with a knife. Refrigerate for an hour or until firm.
Do you have a favorite simple allergy friendly dessert recipe? Tell us about it!