We’ve all seen the perfectly styled food photos on blogs. Many of the recipes look mouthwatering, but they can be time-consuming. And, depending on the ingredients, necessitate a trip to the store. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve found wonderful recipes and love to prepare them when I have time. But, sometimes, my nerves are frazzled, time is short, and I need to make a quick snack or dessert. That’s when it is prepackaged ingredients to the rescue! I still want to make something fun, but it needs to be something I can pull together in a hurry, like this Easy DIY Bear Snack recipe. With only four ingredients, this snack comes together in minutes and is sure to please the pickiest child.
How to Make Easy DIY Bear Snacks
To make the snack you’ll need vanilla pudding cups, banana slices OR mini chocolate sandwich cookies, mini peanut butter cups or other small round candy, and brown chocolate candies, like M&Ms. If you need a gluten-free version, use gluten free mini chocolate sandwich cookies or the banana slices. You can also mix up a box of instant vanilla pudding mix, if you prefer instead of the pudding cups.
When you’re ready to make the snack, spoon the pudding cup into a shallow bowl. Add the mini peanut butter cup in the center of the pudding for a snout. Add two M&Ms above the snout for eyes. Place banana slices (or mini chocolate sandwich cookies) upright, one on the top left corner of the cup and one on the top right corner of the cup, for ears. Voila! You are done in five minutes and can bask in praise from the kids. Who knows maybe they will even offer to clean up the kitchen after they are finished eating.
- 4 Vanilla Pudding Cups OR 1 box (3 ounces) vanilla pudding mix, prepared as directed on package
- 4 mini peanut butter cups
- 8 brown M&Ms
- 8 banana slices OR 8 mini chocolate sandwich cookies (like oreos)
- Spoon 1 pudding cup into a shallow bowl. Add a peanut butter cup into the middle of the pudding as a snout. Above the snout, place 2 brown M&Ms for eyes. Add two banana slices or mini chocolate sandwich cookies, one in the top left corner and one in the top right corner, for ears.
- Repeat with the other three snacks.
These cute animal themed snacks are perfect for a woodland birthday party or a camping themed party. It gives an entirely new meaning to playing with your food! Because these are so easy to assemble, they are also a great family cooking activity for parents of young children.
Do you have a favorite easy snack you prepare with your children when you’re in a hurry?