I can’t believe it is almost October! Where has the summer gone? Soon it will be time for all of my favorite Fall holidays…Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Every year, when we celebrate Halloween with friends, we all try to find new recipes. As the kids and the baby have so many food allergies, finding fun recipes has gotten harder. But, we are up for the challenge! I’m all about easy recipes I can throw together in a few minutes. This Easy Embalming Fluid Punch recipe came about when I decided to mix up some ingredients that sounded good to me. With only three ingredients and a five minute prep time, I can whip up a batch of punch in no time!
Easy Embalming Fluid Punch Recipe
This punch is gluten free and dairy free and can be made with diet ingredients if you prefer. When adding the grenadine, use about 1 teaspoon per glass of punch. If you pour the grenadine in slowly over the back of a teaspoon, it will keep the mixture separated and produce the lovely layered look.
- 1 (12 ounces) container orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (2 liters) lemon lime soft drink, regular or diet
- Grenadine ( ½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon per glass)
- optional: gummy worms
- Mix thawed orange juice concentrate and lemon lime soft drink together until blended. Pour into glasses. Slowly add one teaspoon grenadine to each glass. (Tip: Pour grenadine over the back of a teaspoon to produce a layered look.)
- Garnish with a gummy worm or other gummy candy if desired.
This punch is especially cute if served in see through glasses so the layers can be seen. I used the glow-in-the-dark Halloween plastic cups from Oriental Trading. Note: I’m not sure how well they glow as I have not tried them in the dark yet.
What are your favorite Halloween party ideas?