There’s nothing quite like a Superbowl party; at least to my husband and his friends. I am a huge fan of popping in for the commercials and the Halftime show. The rest of the time I am happy to talk to the wives and snack of munchies. If you are from the South, you know no gathering is complete without a tray of deviled eggs. Seriously, a potluck meal will have at least three trays from different cooks! When preparing my list of dishes for this year’s Superbowl snacks, I asked myself, “What is something I know everyone will eat?” The answer, of course, was deviled eggs, but I wanted to jazz them up a little. No boring, regular deviled eggs here! To get into the spirit, I experimented and added Bleu Cheese Dressing, crumbled bacon and some extra blue cheese. My test batch was devoured. I had a hit on my hands! And, of course I am willing to share my Gluten Free Bacon Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs Recipe with you.
How to Make Bacon Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs
As per all my recipes, these are super simple to make. Did I mention I want to be able to watch those commercials instead of fussing in the kitchen? Here’s what you need to make them:
Begin by boiling your eggs and allowing them to cool. After cracking the eggs, slice each egg in half and scoop out the center. Mix in the crumbled blue cheese, the blue cheese dressing, the mustard, the chopped onion and the bacon bits. Add just enough salt and pepper to taste. I felt like there was enough salt without adding any extra. Once it’s been mixed, scoop a tablespoon of the egg mixture into each shell. You can garnish the eggs with the leftover bacon bits if you have a family of bacon lovers like I do. I caught several of them sprinkling more bacon on their eggs when they thought my back was turned!
- 12 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 cup bacon (8 ounces), cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup (or more adjust to taste) *4 ounces blue cheese
- ¼ to ½ cup blue cheese dressing (begin with ¼ cup and adjust to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup (4 ounces) chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolk. In a large bowl mix the egg yolks, blue cheese dressing, and mustard until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in blue cheese, onion, and bacon. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons filling into each egg half. Sprinkle with additional bacon if desired.
What is your favorite snack to serve for Halftime parties?