Baking is one of my favorite hobbies. I enjoy adapting recipes to make them my own. I can relax and knead out my frustrations on various doughs. But, cooking is not as much fun when people in the family have allergies. I have to take into account no dairy, no oats, no gluten, no soy and strangely enough, no pears or mangos. This really limits my options! One day, in a stir of the moment decision, I decided to cook some gluten free dairy free blueberry muffins. I had blueberries in the fridge that needed to be used and it would be a treat for the baby. When I finished my creation, my muffins had been replaced with this gluten free dairy free peanut butter bread recipe. Yes, I realize this is quite a switch! But they were delicious and are even better with added chocolate.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Peanut Butter Bread Recipe
You can use almond milk or coconut milk in this recipe. I prefer the taste of coconut milk in baked goods. For the flour called for in the recipe, I use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 baking flour. This means I don’t have to use all those extra ingredients like xantham gum. Use very ripe bananas in this recipe, being sure to mash them before your begin. The coconut oil will also need to be melted, especially if you store it in the fridge like I do. If you add Dairy Free Chocolate Chips like Enjoy Life Milk Chocolate Chips to the batter. Or melt the chocolate chips to make a glaze to drizzle on top of the loaves.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1¾ cup Gluten Free Flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon EACH baking soda AND vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- *optional- dairy free chocolate chips
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Add maple syrup, coconut milk, eggs and coconut oil. Using a mixer or whisk, beat batter until blended. Stir in mashed bananas and peanut butter, making sure the mixture is thoroughly blended. Add 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake in four mini loaf pans (or you can use 18 muffin cups) for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees or until a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Allow bread to cool, Remove from pans.
Do you have a favorite dairy free recipe?
You Might Like These Posts:
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars