It’s Gluten Free Friday! This week’s Gluten Free Friday is especially timely. Not only is it Celiac Awareness Month, it’s Mother’s Day weekend. If your mom has Celiac, you may be scrambling to find something to get her. Chocolates can be risky. Dinner out is booked by now, especially at those fancy places with decent gluten free menus and a staff trained in preventing cross-contamination. Don’t worry: if there’s one gift a Celiac mom can always use, it’s safe bakeware and cooking gadgets. This week we’re featuring some things that’ll make the life of anyone with Celiac Disease just a little bit easier. T-Fal was kind enough to send us these gadgets and utensils in exchange for our honest opinion. We never share anything we don’t use! So with that in mind, let’s get to it.
1. T-Fal Ingenio Egg Slicer is a must-have because celiacs are obsessed with eggs. There’s the rare one, like me, who can take them or leave them. But mostly? You see them all over Celiac Instagram! They’re on salads, they’re for brunch, they’re our emergency snack when we can’t eat anything else. The egg slicer can half, quarter, or slice hardboiled eggs with ease. It’s dishwasher safe, so no worries about cleaning egg residue by hand. Use slices to adorn a salad, and pack quarters and halves as easy protein in your emergency snacks.
2. T-Fal Ingenio Baster and Brush is a baster and basting brush combo. It has a clear cavity so you can see what’s in it and how much of it is in it. This one comes with a cleaning tool to help you get your baster clean without all the effort. Perfect for Thanksgiving or for finally making the perfect roast chicken.
3. T-Fal Ingenio Steamer Basket is a must for anyone who loves steamed veggies or rice. The steamer basket features a telescoping handle so you can remove it without burning your hands, and can be used in both a stovetop pot or a microwave bowl. Better yet? It’s dishwasher safe!
4. T-Fal Ingenio Multi Grater is a grater that works in both directions. You can slide your cheese to the left….you can slow your cheese to the right…but whichever way you slide it, it’s still going to grate. My favorite thing about this grater is that it allows you to choose between grating directly onto your food or collecting what you’re grating in a small catch-all at the bottom. Since my daughter is allergic to dairy, I don’t want any stray cheese flying around, and this solves that problem!
5. T-Fal Air Bake Cookie Sheet is an aluminum baking sheet with a nonstick coating to make sure your cookies turn out right every time! Remember, gluten particles can stay in nonstick coating even after a wash, so you’ll want to keep this as a dedicated gluten-free baking sheet. This baking sheet has a no-rust promise, and the AirBake tech distributes heat evenly to give you moister baked goods. Plus, the even cooking will help prevent my worst cookie nightmare— burnt bottoms. I mean, how terrible is it when cookies have burnt bottoms and you bite into it without expecting it? Yeah. Pretty bad.
So that’s all we have for you this Gluten Free Friday! Join us next week to see what we’ve been trying, and let us know– which of these products would you want to try out first?
You can see the previous Gluten Free Fridays posts here:
And don’t forget to check out our selection of Gluten Free recipes.