Welcome back to Gluten Free Friday! If you’re not familiar with Gluten Free Friday, let me get you acquainted. Every Friday, we partner with brands to bring you the latest and greatest in gluten free and allergy friendly foods. With several restricted diets in my family— between my Celiac, my daughter’s severe food allergies, and some other dietary restrictions— it can be hard for us to find foods that taste good. So although we’ve received samples to review, we only share products that we love and think our readers will love too! Let’s get started.
1. Philly Swirl frozen treats are gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, and fat free. My daughter was recently introduced to the joy of frozen treats by my mom’s neighbor, and my daughter is now convinced that ice pops are the best thing ever to happen to babies. When I was trying to find some for her at the store, I was surprised how many contained dairy! That’s why we were so excited to get an assortment of treats from Philly Swirl. We received SwirlStix and cups with candy spoons! The SwirlStix come in a variety of flavors, and are my daughter’s favorite. We like the rainbow flavor!
2. Dolcedi Low Glycemic Sweetener From Apples is a liquid sweetener made from, you guessed it, apples! It is gluten free, organic, non-GMO, and kosher. It has 25% fewer calories than regular sugar, and has more sweetening power. Add that to the fact that it is low glycemic and has a neutral, non-noticeable taste? It’s a great addition to any kitchen. I like that it’s liquid so it can easily dissolve in liquids without heating them up!
3. Nocciolata Organic Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread is a gluten free and dairy free hazelnut chocolate spread. With a rich chocolate and hazelnut flavor, this already is perfect on toast, in baking, or any other way you want to add a little sweetness to something. We used this spread to top some gluten free peanut butter bars and it was a hit with the whole family, young and old alike.
4. Angry Orchard Hard Cider is a celiac favorite. When you have celiac, you can’t just “grab a beer” with friends! So when you’re at summer cookouts and everyone is cracking open a long neck, you’re stuck to the side saying “just water for me, thanks.” Angry Orchard is the perfect solution. This alcoholic cider, made from apples, comes in a variety of flavors and is readily available at most places selling alcohol. Although there are some gluten free beers on the market, I’ve tried several and I’ll be honest: I just don’t think they’re good, especially for the price! Angry Orchard Hard Cider is my go to adult beverage, hands down.
5. Snikiddy Snacks Baked Fries and Cheese Puffs– are perfect for anyone who has been missing one of their favorite snack foods. These puffs, made with non-GMO corn and rice, taste just like some popular snack foods….but they’re certified gluten free! Plus, unlike SOME brands, these cheese puffs contain real cheese. The baked fries have recently been revamped to contain 70% organic ingredients, perfect for all those smokiest (persnickety) parents out there.
6. Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame Spaghetti is a pasta made of edamame. Edamame is green soybeans. We have used several Explore Cuisine pastas in the past, and we’ve always liked the protein content and the fact that this pasta actually fills us up without a carb crash later! This pasta can be used any way that you would use normal pastas, and unlike some legume based pastas, it doesn’t have a slimy texture.
That’s all we have for you this gluten free Friday! Be sure to check back next week to see what we’re featuring, and don’t forget to read past posts to see what you missed. Which of today’s products do you most want to try?