Welcome back to Gluten Free Friday! Every Friday, we share the latest and greatest in gluten free and allergy friendly foods. With multiple conflicting food allergies in our family, as well as celiac disease, we know how hard it can be to find safe foods that taste great. Although we have received samples from companies in order to facilitate a review, we only share products we love— and that we think our readers will love too! Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s see what we have for you this week!
Gluten Free Goodies
1. Barely Bread makes Grain free, gluten free bread products that are certified gluten free and certified paleo. Barely Bread uses non-GMO ingredients in their products. We received bagels and a baguette from Barely Bread. One thing we were really impressed with was the flavor. A lot of gluten free products are bland, but Barely Bread was packed full of flavor. Both the baguettes as the bagels were onion-garlic-sea salt flavor. Topped with poppyseed, the bagel had all the flavor of an “everything” bagel. Perfect for pairing with cream cheese or for making a bagel sandwich! The baguette was delicious with spaghetti, but also worked well to make a “French Bread style pizza.” One thing I will note: Barely Bread can be dry, so you should probably toast it for optimal texture. I enjoyed all of it a little more after a quick toasting!
2. Pure Spoon Baby Food was the first baby food to use cold-pressed pasteurization on their products. They’re organic, gluten free, and vegan! Although Critter is past the purée stage (and never really had one), I love keeping high quality baby food on hand to toss into a smoothie or Popsicle for her. With multiple food allergies, it can be hard to have a balanced diet. Even more so when your toddler gets picky! We really like the “blueberries, banana, and apples” flavor, but the avocado and apples flavor is a great source of healthy fats!
3. Gaea Natural Grape Glazeis made of 100% grape must, or all natural grape juice syrup. It has no preservatives or additives. It is certified gluten free and vegan. Grape glaze is a versatile product: try it on a charcuterie board, or mixed in with Greek yogurt. You can even get adventurous and try it with a fruit, like strawberries!
4. Carb O Chameleon Vanilla Doodle Cookie Mix is a new company offering gluten free, vegan, soy free cookies that are actually healthy! CarboChameleon comes in a mix, so you can make fresh cookies any time you’d like. Now, my toddler doesn’t like a lot of sweets— possibly because she can’t really eat a lot of them. However, she ate an entire CarbOChameleon cookie by herself, which is a huge endorsement. And any cookie that’s better for me is a win in my book! I have a major sweet tooth, which can be my downfall. Finding better-for-you options is pretty much my full time job these days! These Vanilla Doodle cookies only have one carb per cookie, which makes them ideal for low carb diets. They’re also high protein and high fiber! I can’t wait to buy a bag of mix to make a special treat for my daughter and her vegan toddler friend.
5. Carrington Farms Coconut Oil To Go Paks are perfect for anyone who has ever wished they could take their coconut oil to go. As a food allergy family, we usually wind up cooking while we’re traveling. It can be a pain to travel with bulky ingredients- and it can be a pain to find somewhere to buy them when you’re trying to relax. Carrington Farms Coconut Oil to go comes in conveniently sized pouches in a pack of 8. Alternately, if you’re the type that uses coconut oil as a hair treatment, this is way easier than trying to fumble with a jar of coconut oil in the shower. Either way, this is Carrington Farms’ high quality Coconut Oil that we’ve come to know and love, in an easy to carry package.
So, that’s all the brands we have for you today! Check back next week to see what we have in store for you. Have you heard of any of these brands before? Which ones do you like best?
We also have lots of GLUTEN FREE RECIPES available. Missed any of the previous weeks? See more GLUTEN FREE FRIDAYS here.