Whenever I feel the nip of Fall in the air my mind turns to one thing: Smores. There’s something about standing over an open fire, roasting marshmallows until they accidentally catch on fire that reminds me of my childhood. And, another favorite memory: using those crispy marshmallow to make ooey, gooey smores. I wanted to recapture the memories for our Halloween party, but I didn’t want the mess. Have you ever tried to clean those melted marshmallows out of clothing? Thankfully, I thought of making this “spooky” graveyard smores cup recipe. It’s all the fun of smores with less mess!
Graveyard Smores Cups Recipe
This recipe can be made gluten free simply by substituting gluten free graham crackers for the regular graham crackers. If you have someone with a chocolate allergy in the family, substitute vanilla pudding or cheesecake pudding for the chocolate pudding. You can use any kind of spooky toppers for the smores cups. I used gummy spiders and gummy worms, but plastic skeletons or spooky hands would work well too. These can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge until serving time.
- 1 (3 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix (can substitute vanilla or cheesecake flavored pudding)
- 3 cups milk
- 18 graham crackers, crumbled (use gluten free graham crackers, if needed)
- 1 King Sized Chocolate candy bar (2.6 ounces), crumbled
- 1 (10 ounces) bag mini marshmallows
- Optional: gummy worms, gummy spiders, plastic skeleton hands
- Mix pudding mix and milk together until blended. In 8 ounce sized paper cup add 2 tablespoons crumbled graham crackers. Top with ½ cup pudding mixture. On top of pudding add 2 teaspoons crumbled chocolate candy then ¼ cup mini marshmallows. Sprinkle graham crackers over marshmallows. Top with a gummy worm, gummy spiders or a plastic skeleton hand. Repeat this process in all cups. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
I used the Spooky Soiree Paper Cups from Oriental Trading for this recipe. Gluten Free Graham crackers can usually be found at Walmart or Target in the Gluten Free section.
What is your favorite Halloween party recipes? How do you celebrate Halloween?