Summer is my favorite season. Not because it is hot, but because it is grilling season. I can send the men in the family outside and tell them to make grilled pork chops. It ‘s win-win for me because they’ve began making the sides too, which means no cooking for me. Although, unfortunately, I still get stuck with the clean up. We’ve been experimenting with different recipes and after picking up a package of pork chops at ALDI, we decided to make a peach salsa to accompany our traditional grilled pork chop recipe.
This homemade salsa recipe is the perfect combo of sweet and tart, and includes peaches, one of my favorite summer fruits. The tangy fruit salsa is a great compliment to the tender pork. To make the salsa, you’ll need red onion, peaches, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh cilantro.
Once the onion, peaches, and cilantro are chopped, mix in the seasonings. Easy peasy. Place the salsa in the fridge while you get the pork chops on the grill.
Grilling pork chops can be done two ways. You can mix the spices together and marinade the chops for an hour. Or, if you’re hungry and in a hurry, mix the spices together and coat the pork with the oil and vinegar. Then, use the spices as a dry rub on each side of the chops. Grill the pork chops for 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Allow the pork chops to stand around five minutes and serve. This recipe is naturally gluten free so everyone in the family can enjoy it!
- Peach salsa:
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 peaches, halved, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon each: sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pork chops:
- 5 pork chops, end cut
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons each: salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme (or use ¼ cup fresh thyme)
- ½ red onion, diced
- To Make salsa:
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl. Place into fridge until ready to serve.
- To Make Pork:
- Mix garlic powder, salt, pepper, vinegar, oil, thyme and onion. Place the mixture into a one gallon sized freezer bag and add pork chops. Shake bag to coat chops and allow to marinate for one hour. Place on the grill over medium high heat. Grill the chops until cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.Arrange the chops on a serving platter and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the chops with the peach salsa.