We celebrate mini milestones in all our children’s lives; the loss of a first tooth, the first report card, their first Halloween. One tradition we have in our family is our annual Halloween Party. We get together with friends we don’t see often and catch up on all the mini milestones the kids have celebrated over the years. We have a simple dinner and prepare easy Halloween recipes, like these Gruesome Green toes. You know I like to make cute treats, but they have to be easy and fast. This recipe only has three ingredients or four if you need to use food coloring. The kids can help make these too so it’s a family togetherness activity too. This can work to your favor and help speed the recipe along or, in my case, my kids always made a huge mess and dropped things. They liked to cook, but cleanup? Not so much.
Dip one side of the cookie in the chocolate and place on waxed paper. Allow these to harden and then dip the other side in the chocolate. The chocolate will harden quickly so reheat for a few seconds as necessary.
Press one half of a piece of candy in the chocolate and allow to harden again. I usually place mine in the freezer to allow them to harden in a hurry.
- 1 lb (16 ounces) green candy coating OR white chocolate bark
- Green paste food coloring (if using white chocolate bark)
- 1 package oval shaped cookies (Like Vienna Fingers )
- 1 package gummy candy (like Dots or JuJu Fruits)
- Melt the candy coating in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and return to the microwave for thirty more seconds. If using white chocolate bark, tint the desired color of green with the paste food coloring.
- Dip one side of the cookie into the candy coating. Place on a sheet of waxed paper and allow candy coating to harden. Dip the uncoated side in the candy bark. Immediately press half a dot or Black crow into the top of the cookie. Allow to harden.
One of our ways to spend a relaxing family evening is allowing the kids’ to choose a movie or TV show on Netflix for a family movie night. This month they have several suggestions to celebrate those “mini milestones in life.”
What is your favorite way to spend time with your family?
I am a member of the Netflix #Streamteam and am provided Netflix for my family. All opinions are my own.