Have you explored the world of Thermo-Cooking? My friend, Melanie, has been sharing her love of her Bellini Kitchen Master with me for a year. It’s a huge trend in Europe, Asia and Australia. When we received a machine of our own to test, I was about to feed the baby. Boom! I had an epiphany. “I could make my own baby food for a fraction of the price.” Learning how to make your own baby food is so easy! Here are two recipes you can easily adapt to your own flavor combinations.
How To Make Your Own Baby Food:
For Chicken, Rice, Sweet Potato Baby Food Recipe:
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 chicken breast filet (about 8 ounces)
1 cup rice
1/4 cup apple juice (optional)
For Apple Pear Baby Food:
1 apple, chopped
1 pear, chopped
To Make The Baby Food:
Chicken Rice Sweet Potato:
Using the Bellini Kitchen Master, steam the chicken while the rice is cooking. Once chicken is done, chop into pieces. I cooked the sweet potato in the Bellini until done (about 15 minutes), then added the chopped chicken and rice. I blended the chicken, rice and sweet potato together until pureed. The mixture was a little thick so I added apple juice to make it a thinner consistency. This is totally optional.
I cooked the apple and pear chunks until tender (about 15 minutes) and then pureed the mixture for approximately one minute.
This baby food is gluten free and has no preservatives. To store the baby food I purchased small containers from the local dollar store. If you plan to use the baby food soon, store it in the fridge. If you make a large batch, the baby food can be frozen for up to three months. It’s so wonderful to be able to make my own baby food with a minimal time commitment!
Now that I’ve tested the Bellini Kitchen Master, I love it and here’s why.
* It has 8 functions, allowing me to chop, mix, mince, whip, knead, blend, stir, cook, fry, and steam all using a single device.
* It allows me to cook an entire meal at once. By using the included attachments, I can cook my meat and veggies at the same time.
* It’s easy to clean. Really, it’s self cleaning. Just follow the included instructions and it is clean within minutes.
* I don’t have to stand and stir. I admit, I am bad about needing to stir something, but getting engrossed in something else. Yeah, my family is not a fan of burned food. This eliminates the hassle. I just turn it on and it stirs for me. I seriously love being able to do something else while my dinner cooks on its own.
Here’s a short video that explains how it works.
Of course, I had a few concerns with the Bellini Kitchen Master that I want to address:
* It’s pricey upfront. I’m not a person who wants to spend lots of money unless I know I will love the product. I calculated up the cost of the 8 machines it would replace in my kitchen and found it was about the same or less than the price of quality appliances. Plus, it saves a lot of room in my cabinets. One Bellini Kitchen Master versus 8 appliances? That’s a lot of space.
Want to save some money? Right now there’s a $200 coupon for the machine, making it $399 if you purchase
it from the Bellini Kitchen website. Use the code CAVIAR to get your discount. You can also use the coupon at Bed, Bath & Beyond. The Bellini Kitchen Master is also available on Amazon.
* Read the instructions before using the machine. It’s a little complicated to learn how to use the machine. The directions make it much easier. For example, the included kitchen scale and the Bellini Kitchen Master look like they only measure in Celsius, but they can be switched to Fahrenheit for those of us in the US.
* The lid can be a little difficult to go on to the machine. Adding a little oil to the seal of the lid can help.
The Bellini Kitchen Master has a complete list of recipes online to help you get started. You can get social with them on Facebook at @cedarlaneculinary and Twitter @BelliniKM.
Have you ever tried to make your own baby food? What flavor combinations do you like best?
Would you like to try the Bellini Kitchen Master? One lucky reader will win one of their own (Retail Value $599)
Want more chances to win? Visit my friend, Melanie, at 2 Boys, 1 Girl and A Crazy Mom. She’s sharing one of her favorite recipes and giving away a Bellini Kitchen Master too!