I can always tell when Christmas is near (besides all the usual reasons) because people begin to ask, “So…are you planning to make candy this year?” If I am noncommittal they begin to increase their hints. “I really like your candy. What kind did you say you were making this year?” Then it’s straight to hardcore demands. “I want candy.” This year I decided to add some new offerings to my usual candy selection with this Marshmallow Crunch Popcorn Bark recipe. I love this recipe because it has only five ingredients and comes together in only a few minutes. Anything that saves on my holiday baking is good with me.
Marshmallow Crunch Popcorn Bark
This recipe is naturally gluten-free and can be adapted to different tastes. I like to use mix it up with different types of nuts instead of peanuts. It is especially good with pecans. Another favorite is chocolate coated candy pieces in holiday colors. Or miniature peanut butter candies. The choices are endless! To make the recipe easier, I use G.H. Cretors Just the Caramel Popcorn. There’s no need to bother making my own caramel corn which saves time. That especially important during the holidays. All of G.H. Cretors products are gluten-free, verified non-GMO, USDA organic, and kosher. Plus, they come in a variety of six flavors. Don’t fancy using caramel corn in the recipe? Substitute G.H. Cretors Extra Virgin Olive Oil Popcorn.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) white chocolate candy melts
- 1 bag (16 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag (7.5) ounce Just The Caramel Popcorn (GH Cretors)
- 1 cup chopped glazed pecans OR peanuts
- optional: 1 cup mini chocolate pieces
- Place candy melts in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted. (Around 1 to 1½ minutes), stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside. Place marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted (around 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds.) Mix candy melts, marshmallow mixture, popcorn and pecans together in a large bowl. Add the mini chocolate pieces, if using, and stir. Spread the mixture onto a sheet of waxed paper sprayed with cooking spray. Place in the freezer until hardened. Break into pieces.
Once you’ve made the Popcorn Bark, it’s ready for gift giving. Placed in a treat bag and tied with a red bow, it looks especially festive. Want to make it even more special? Make a gift basket with a mug, some gourmet coffee and a bag or two of the Marshmallow Crunch Popcorn Bark. You can even add a recipe card to the basket if you like! It’s a great way to let someone know you care.
What is your favorite easy homemade gift to give for the holidays?