Let’s face it. The holidays, while supposed to be a fun and joyous time of year, can be a hassle when it comes to gift giving. What to give to the person who has everything? This year, I’ve tried and tested some of the Best Gifts for Men for our 2017 Men’s Holiday Gift Guide. You’ll find something for the Techie, the Guy Who Has Everything, and the Grill Master or Chef or even the Chef-Wannabe. With these gifts, you’re sure to find yourself on Santa’s nice list!
Samples were received but all opinions are my own.
Great Gifts For Him
For the Techie
1. Chipolo Plus Bluetooth Tracker– Do you know someone who is always losing his keys, his phone, his wallet, or even worse, the remote? The Chipolo Plus Bluetooth Tracker comes to the rescue. Just attach the Chipolo to whatever you don’t want to lose and connect it to the Chipolo App. When the item is lost, ring it from the Chipolo App. The App remembers when and where you last had them. The best part? It can find your phone even if it is on silent! If you share keys with another person, you can share your account with them and you can both track them. The Chipolo is small and discreet enough to be attached to whatever you need to find. It does use a battery, which can last up to nine months, but it is easily replaced. For a family like ours who often misplaces keys and phones, this device is a lifesaver.
The Chipolo Plus Bluetooth Tracker retails for $25, while a 4 pack retails for $75 and has free shipping.
2. Furbo Dog Camera– Let’s face it, our pets are part of the family. When we are working long hours or traveling, it’s nice to be able to check in on our pets and give them treats. The Furbo Dog Camera makes it easy for us to check in on Rio. The camera was easy to set up and the sleek design blends in well with our decor. The barking alert is another useful feature. We’re able to check in on him when he is barking and talk to him to calm him down. Because the Furbo dispenses treats, it attracts his attention and brings him over to investigate. Note: Although the Furbo comes with a small bag of treats, you can use your pet’s favorite treats in the Furbo, although they recommend a round shaped treat about one centimeter in diameter. While it is specifically designed for dogs, I have noticed that the cats, who have separation anxiety, are also drawn to the sound of our voice. The Furbo attaches securely to a base but it is recommended that you keep the Furbo above the reach of your pets.
The Furbo Dog Camera retails for $199.
3. Blue Heron Wi-Fi Drone With Camera– Have you always wanted a drone but thought they were too complicated? The Blue Heron Wi-Fi Drone is designed for beginners. With an easy assembly and automatic take-off and landing, we were able to have the drone up and flying in no time. The different speed modes (high, medium, and low settings) make it easier to control the drone during flight. I recommend beginners, like we were, to start on low speed. It can be controlled by either the included joystick type remote controller or by using an app on your phone. Once again, for beginners, the included controller makes it easier to handle. The drone has a fifteen minute flight time and can take both pictures and video. The 120° Wide-Angle 720p HD Camera takes good quality photos. As a bonus, it includes an extra battery. The batteries can be recharged fairly quickly allowing plenty of flight time. Considering it is our first drone and our attempts at learning to fly, the drone seems to be durable as well.
The Blue Heron Wi-Fi Drone With Camera retails for $179.99
4. Orbit B-Hyve Smart Wi-fi Sprinkler Timer– Living in the South, my flower and herb beds need lots of water during the hot, humid summers. This was a problem when I travel. While Bryan was in charge of watering the plants, between chores and work, he often forgot. I would arrive home to wilted or dead flowers. This is no longer a problem thanks to the Orbit B-Hyve Smart Wi-fi Sprinkler Timer. By downloading the app onto my smartphone, I can activate our sprinkler systems whenever I want. I especially appreciate how the Sprinkler Timer can be adjusted to the local weather. If we ever have a deluge of rain, the sprinkler timer will turn off the sprinklers. This sprinkler works on up to 12 watering zones so it can cover quite a bit of territory. Bonus! It works with the Alexa too. Note: This is only the timer, sprinkler systems are sold separately.
The Orbit B-Hyve 12 Station Smart Wi-fi Sprinkler Timer retails for $134.99
5. Orbit Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Pest Deterrent Sprinkler– We’ve spent a lot of money updating our backyard to include outdoor gardens. Since we live near a National Park, we share our yard with a combination of critters; rabbits, deer, opossums, chipmunks, squirrels and the occasional skunk. While we don’t mind sharing, the rabbits dig holes in the garden and all of the animals think of the backyard as a smorgasbord. We didn’t want to hurt any of the animals, but we wanted to keep them out of some parts of the yard. This heavy-duty sprinkler is designed to deter critters in a humane way for up to 1600 square feet. With night and day detection cycles and intelligent detection to control battery and water usage, the yard enforcer also has a thirty-minute timer so I can use it as a sprinkler to water my plants. This is the perfect gift for a gardener.
The Orbit Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Pest Deterrent Sprinkler retails for $76.97
6. D-Link Mini HD Wi-Fi Camera– Want to see what is happening around the house when you’re not there? (Usually around our house it is cats knocking things to the floor.) The D-Link Mini HD Wi-Fi Camera can help. It’s small and compact (about four inches high) so it can be placed discreetly anywhere in the house. I can view footage from the camera from anywhere by connecting to the mydlink app. I can also set the app to receive motion and sound alerts and view video recorded clips to my smartphone. The camera and app set up are easy and can be done fairly quickly. And the camera doesn’t just work in the daytime. With the built-in night vision feature, I can still see an area of around 16 and 1/2 feet. It’s a great gift to give to someone who needs a little extra peace of mind.
The D-Link Mini HD Wi-Fi Camera retails for $59.99
For the Guy Who Has Everything
7.Reks Sports Solux Sunglasses – Need sunglasses that look good, provide 100% UV protection and are virtually unbreakable? Try these! With frames made from an unbreakable memory-flex polymer, these glasses are designed to still be light and flexible. The lens, available in six colors, are large and square; designed to provide maximum coverage but allow for visibility. Made of ultralight Polycarbonate, the lens is not only scratch-resistant, it’s 10x more resistant to shattering than glass or plastic. It’s okay to wear these glasses on adventures because they’re guaranteed by a 24-month warranty (from the date of purchase) to be unbreakable. It’s a great gift for the guy that’s always on the go or involved in outdoor sports.
The Reks Sports Solux Sunglasses retail for $30.
8. Sleep Number PlushComfort Ultimate Pillow– There’s nothing worse than spending the night tossing and turning. A quality pillow can make a huge difference in the amount of rest you receive. The Sleep Number PlushComfort Ultimate Pillow is a down alternative; made from hypoallergenic microfiber and covered with a smooth brushed cotton cover. The Pillow also comes with a 30 day “Love it or Exchange It” policy. If you don’t love it, exchange it. It’s that simple. So, what’s different about this pillow? It includes 3 removable inserts that can be inserted or removed to change the pillow’s height and adapt to every individual’s sleep needs. The 3 sided zip system makes it easy to add or remove inserts. I’ve found that one or two inserts are the perfect height for me, while other family members prefer the full three inserts. This is perfect for anyone, but especially the college student who needs to relax in his dorm or apartment.
The Sleep Number PlushComfort Ultimate Pillow retails for $47.99 from November 2nd-December 24th
For The Grill Master or Chef
9 Stubbs’ BBQ-If you live in the South, you probably have a grill. No one wants to miss those great summer barbeques or those SEC tailgating weekends! And what’s more Southern than Bar-be-que? Every state has their own take on what’s best, but you can’t go wrong with Stubbs’ Legendary BBQ products. Since 1968, C.B. Stubblefield has been creating mouthwatering bbq for everyone from famous musicians to presidents. In 1992, he began selling his products in grocery stores and the link has expanded to include sauces, marinades and marinade mixes, rubs, and cookin’ sauces. With flavors ranging from Hickory Bourbon, Honey Pecan, and Dr. Pepper, you’re sure to find a flavor you love. I’m a big fan of the Hickory Bourbon. My family members are also fans. When I went to take pictures of our sauce, I noticed several bottles were missing, used in backyard cookouts. All of the products are gluten-free, making them safe for our family members with Celiac. When asked the secret to his famous sauces, Mr. Stubblefield replied, “Love and Happiness.” I think you’ll agree!
Stubbs BBQ retails for $3.28 a bottle and rubs retail for $2.48 a package.
10. Hampton Salt Company Cooking and Finishing Salts– Nothing elevates a meal like quality ingredients. I’ve found that using gourmet salt in our dishes makes all the difference. Hampton Salt Company scours the world to find the best all natural sea salts and delivers them in raw, flavored, or smoked varieties. The salts are refined and created with no unhealthy additives. The Cooking Salt is made of a mixture of salts from the Atlantic and Pacific ocean as well as some French salt crystals. This salt is delicious used in any dish from everyday casseroles to gourmet dinners. The Finishing Salt, voted a top ten obsession by Food and Wine Magazine, contains salts from the United Kingdom, France, and Cyprus. The large grains add a lovely touch, taste, and texture to everything from homemade candies to salads. I’ve used this salt in my homemade salted caramel sauce and in my salted pumpkin bark recipes with tasty results. This salt is a huge hit with my Food Science Major son.
The 14-ounce jar of Hampton Salt Company Cooking Salt retails for $9.99 and the 3-ounce Finishing Salt retails for $14.99.
11. Oklahoma’s Joes 2 Piece Rosewood Grill Set– The men in my family have been known to grill year round. From sunny days to rainy days to snow flurries, they have prepared delicious dishes outside. This kind of dedication deserves good grilling tools! They will always be prepared with this spatula and tongs set from one of the leaders in grilling, Char-Broil. Made of sturdy rosewood handles and stainless steel, these tools are guaranteed not to bend. The extra long handles provide protection from the heat, while the extra wide spatula is able to turn anything from chops to burgers. These tools are made of solid construction and heavy enough they won’t accidentally be knocked off onto the ground. Note: I am unsure if these tools are dishwasher safe. I have been washing our set by hand.
The Oklahoma Joe’s 2 Piece Rosewood Grill Toolset retails for $24.99.
12. Tender Belly Pork Packages– Who doesn’t love bacon? At least that’s what my husband asks me on a regular basis. He’s a huge fan of using bacon on everything from burgers to casseroles. Tender Belly believes to have great pork you need to be “certified awesome.” They believe in a high standard of quality; using heritage breed hogs (like Berkshire and Duroc,) who have been raised by one of their partner family farms. These 250 farms, located across the Central and Southwestern US, raise the hogs with humane conditions. They have access to the outdoors, plenty of food and water, and a vegetarian diet. These hogs are never given antibiotics, growth hormones, or animal by-products. We tried these taste-tempting favorites; a Spiral Cut ham which comes preglazed and wrapped in foil to be heated in the oven to the desired temperature, the Berkshire Uncured Franks, made with Berkshire pork smoked with applewood, and the Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, made with a maple and habañero spice rub, then dry-cured and cherrywood smoked. You really can taste the difference in flavor! And, for that special someone, there’s a Bacon Every Month club available too!
The BAM! Bacon and Ham package is available for $108.50.
13. Mrs. Renfro’s Salsa– Whether you’re a serious tailgater or just a casual grillmaster, it’s important to have snacks on hand. What is more classic than chips and dip? Mrs. Renfro’s not only makes the classic mild, medium, and hot salsas, they’ve expanded their line to include gourmet offerings. Having a football party? Try the Craft Beer or Tequilla Salsa. Want to experiment with new recipes? Try Pumpkin, Peach, or Pineapple Salsa. In business for 77 years, the Renfro family has developed everything you’ll need for grilling, from Barbeque Sauces, Cheese Sauce, Peppers, Relish, and Salsa. My favorite is the Nacho Cheese Dip, a smooth, creamy concoction with a hint of heat. Mrs. Renfro’s products are available online and can be shipped directly to your door.
Mrs. Renfro products retail for $3.95 a bottle.
Which of these holiday gifts would you like to receive? I know it’s difficult to choose. You can pick more than one!
You Might Like This Post