It’s Friday, and it’s time for Gluten Free Friday. Once again, we are talking about gluten-free and allergy-friendly foods and products that we think you’ll love, especially since tomorrow is National Gluten Free Day! Although we have received samples of some of the products to try, all opinions are our own. We only share products that we enjoy and think you will too.
1. Popcorners Chips are a cross between popcorn and tortilla chips. Sounds crazy, right? It is! Crazy good, that is. Last time we had PopCorners in the house, several flavors mysteriously made their way back to college with my little brother. He’s not even gluten free! They’ve also been a hit with our Vegan and non-vegan friends. They’ve all asked where to purchase them for themselves. With flavors like Cinema Style and White Cheddar as well as Kettle Corn, there’s a PopCorner for every flavor lover. My favorite is the cinema style. It reminds me of movie theatre popcorn, but it’s way easier to eat!
2. Country Archer Jerky Company were a new to us product this week. We received the turkey rosemary, original beef, and jalapeño beef flavors to try. Not only are Country Archer products gluten free, they come from grass-fed beef, and all of the meat was raised without added hormones or antibiotics. They also don’t contain nitrates or nitrites. Country Archer is jerky that you can actually feel good about eating! You can also feel good about buying them, because all Country Archer products are made in the USA. With beef, pork, and turkey in a variety of flavors, there’s a Country Archer product for almost every taste bud.
3. Good Health Gluten Free Pretzels are popular in our house. They’re just as popular with the gluten eaters as with me, which is hard to find in a gluten free product. In fact, some of my friends prefer them to “normal” pretzels. That’s a big achievement. I like that they have hidden veggies, which makes them the perfect snack for my toddler during her food strike days. If pretzels aren’t your thing, Good Health makes a variety of other snack foods to tempt your taste buds. We especially enjoy their popcorn, which is perfect for an at-Home movie night.
4. Snikiddy Baked Fries sent us buffalo baked fries, cheddar baked fries, and hot and spicy baked fries to try out. We’ve had Snikiddy products before, and they’re always a treat. My favorite is the hot and spicy baked fries, which remind me of a snack I used to enjoy before I had celiac. My husband is partial to the cheddar flavor. Snikiddy fries baked fries are made with organic sunflower and corn oil, and are certified gluten free. They’re also nut free and peanut free, which means you can feel safe sending them to school in your child’s lunch.
5. Ian’s is a brand we have tried before and love. From their fish sticks to their French toast, we love that their products are gluten and dairy free. This time, we tried their new Alphatots. The Alphatots are potatoes shaped into letters of the alphabet, to make eating (and learning) fun. They contain no eggs, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, or wheat/gluten. That means that just about anyone can enjoy them! We love to keep these in the freezer for a quick snack or side dish. They’re perfect for easy weeknight dinners. Try them as a side for your favorite burger or veggie burger and get ready to be the coolest mom ever.
6. GoGo Squeez These have been in a staple in our kitchen since I was diagnosed with Celiac. Available in four varieties, Applesauce on the Go, Yogurt on the Go, Fruit & VeggieZ, and Organic Applesauce, these products are Non-GMO and shelf staple. We use them when traveling because they’re portable and are a good snack for times we are in areas that don’t have many gluten free or dairy free options. we know we’ll have something to eat without having a reaction. They taste good, which tempts the baby with the 100% fruit varieties. Did I mention the fruit varieties are gluten, nut and dairy free? It’s a great way to make sure she gets all the fruits and veggies she needs in her diet. The squeeze packages are less messy than trying to dish up fruit on a spoon too. They don’t need to be kept in the fridge, but I like to keep a package of these in the fridge or, when traveling, in a cooler. The cool temperatures soothe the baby’s sore gums when she is teething.
7. Carrington Farms Baking Bundle- sent us an assortment of products, including their milled Flax Seeds, matcha tea powder, ghee, coconut oil cooking spray, and unflavored coconut cooking oil. Having a vegan friend, I use a lot of flax seeds to replace eggs while baking. I’m happy to report that Carrington Farm’s flax works great! We also use a lot of coconut oil in our diet to replace the fats that my daughter would be getting from milk if she wasn’t allergic. We have used Carrington Farms brand for ages, and it’s our go-to. We were excited to try out the coconut oil cooking spray. My mom kept the ghee, which she plans to experiment with soon.
8. Go Organically Fruit Snacks-are always a hit in our house. We received Fruit Medley and Tropical flavors to sample. Fruit Medley is a blend of strawberry, apple, orange, peach, and cherry flavored fruit snacks. The Tropical assortment features tangerine, strawberry-kiwi, mango, pink grapefruit, and pineapple flavored fruit snacks. Go Organically fruit snacks are gluten free, non-GMO, made with real fruit, and their flavors and colors come from natural sources. What more can you ask for in a fruit snack? These are particularly popular with my toddler, but I’ve caught my husband snacking on them before too!
9. Bare Snacks Toasted Organic Coconut Chips– This is another snack we keep on hand when we travel. They’re easy to slip into a travel bag and are a good alternative to making a stop for unhealthy junk food. Not only are they gluten-free and dairy-free, they are a good source of fiber. If you prefer not to eat them plain, they’re a great addition to recipes. Use them in smoothie bowls, homemade granola, or as a topping for fruit, parfaits, or other goodies.
That’s all we have this week! Be sure to read our past posts to learn about more gluten free and allergy friendly products you’re sure to love. And as always, be on the lookout for future Gluten Free Friday posts. Which of this week’s products are you most excited to try out?