It snuck up on me. I was completely blindsided by an incredible chocolate craving. But I was tired. I didn’t want to spend the evening making a fancy dessert. Who wants to heat up the kitchen when the temperatures are reaching up to the mid-nineties outside? Instead, I began to think. I wanted a no bake dessert with minimal ingredients that could come together in a snap. Sound like an impossible task? I thought so too. I was wrong. As I was flipping through some recipes I had saved, I came across a No Bake Chocolate Pie Recipe my aunt had shared with me. It only had three ingredients and had a prep time of around ten minutes. That was my kind of dessert!
No Bake Chocolate Pie Recipe
While this only calls for three ingredients if you prepare the pie in the traditional manner, it can easily be made gluten free. Just make a pie crust using gluten free graham crackers, sugar, and butter. To make the gluten free pie crust, crush one sleeve of gluten free graham crackers into crumbs. Add 1/4 cup sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons butter. Stir the mixture together until blended. Spread the graham cracker mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of an 8″ round pie pan.
While the prep time is minimal, you’ll need to plan about an hour of time to place the pie in the freezer and allow it to set. No one wants a runny pie! Once the pie is firm, remove the pie from the freezer and cut into slices. You can top the pie with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle with some chocolate sauce, if desired.
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (with almonds if you like), 1.5-ounce size, melted OR use 2 (3 ounces size) milk chocolate baking bars
- 1 (8 ounces) container of frozen whipped topping
- 1 (8 inches) graham cracker pie crust Or Use the above recipe for gluten free graham cracker pie crust. You can also use graham cracker
- Pour into pie crust and freeze until firm (usually about one hour.)
- Unwrap the candy bars and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt candy bars in the microwave for thirty seconds, stirring after 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until melted. If chocolate is not completely melted, return to microwave for 15 more seconds and stir again.
- Fold whipped topping into the melted chocolate bars. Spread the mixture evenly into the graham cracker crust and wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Freeze for one hour or until filling is firm
- Top with additional whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate fudge, if desired,
What is your favorite no bake summer dessert recipe?