A day spent at Six Flags Over Georgia is a summer tradition for many people in our state. Who can forget the thrill of going down the first hill on the Scream Machine? Or attempting to get soaked on Thunder River to cool down on a hot summer day? This year Six Flags Over Georgia introduced a new ride; Justice League: Battle For Metropolis. Perfect for the superhero fan, it’s an interactive 4D action ride that is the first of its kind in the Southeast. We were invited to check out the new ride and spend a day in the park. How could we resist? Want to plan a trip of your own? Here is our Parent’s Guide to Six Flags Over Georgia with insider tips.
1. Save time and money by purchasing online. It’s easy to purchase daily (or season!) tickets, parking passes, and dining discounts online. You’ll bypass the long lines attempting to purchase their tickets at the park entrance. Plus, there’s a substantial discount for purchasing park tickets and Dining Discounts online.
2. Arrive a few minutes before the park opens. There will be less wait time at the entrance gate and you’ll be able to park closer to the tram which takes you to the entrance. Once inside head toward the back of the park to take advantage of fewer crowds and shorter wait times for rides. If you have a favorite ride, go to this one first and take advantage of shorter lines. Most people will stop at the rides along the front of the park first.
3. Plan Your Visit in Advance. You can view a Park Map online and find the location of your preferred rides, making it easy to plan a path of rides around the park. Once at the park, pick up a map inside the front gate to keep yourself on track.
4. Consider a “Flash Pass.” Hate to stand in line? Flash Passes are available for an additional fee and can reduce wait time by up to 90%. Once you find a ride you like, check in with the Flash Pass and you’ll be given an alert when it’s your turn to ride. You will be able to bypass the lines and enter through the Flash Pass line. The Flash Pass is good for park favorites including Dahlonega Mine Train, The Great American Scream Machine, Monster Mansion and more.
5. Purchase a Refillable Season Drink Bottle. A summer day in Georgia will be hot and humid. You’ll find yourself getting thirsty fast! The easiest way to quench your thirst is with a refillable season drink bottle. (Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the park.) If you are just spending the day, purchase the season drink bottle with free refills for the day. Future refills during the season are 99 cents. If you plan to visit often, purchase a season drink bottle with free refills for the season. It is a huge money saver!
6. Bring a stroller and snacks for the littles. Six Flags is a big park. Carrying a toddler gets tiresome quickly. It’s much easier to push a stroller. And, take it from us, don’t forget toddler snacks, especially if you have a child with allergies.
7. Plan down time. Walking and standing in line is hard for the entire family, but especially younger children. Plan downtime activities for the toddlers and preschoolers by taking a ride on the train or carousel, visiting the playground or spending time splashing in the water at Paradise Island in Hurricane Harbor.
8. Plan for Hurricane Harbor. The water park is included in the price of admission. You’ll want to pack a bathing suit, a towel and a waterproof case for your phone. Lockers are available for rental to store gear.
9. Buy Season Passes. Planning several visits during the summer? A season pass pays for itself in two visits! This is an easy way to spend time with family and keep the kids entertained.
And, while you’re visiting, be sure to check out JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle For Metropolis. Named one of the Top Ten New Amusement Park Attractions of the year by USA Today readers and awarded the Brass Ring for “Best New Product in the World” by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, it’s a one of a kind attraction. The 4D experience includes wind, fire, mist, fog and life-like characters as you battle against evil. You’ll be joined by BATMAN™, SUPERMAN™, WONDER WOMAN, THE FLASH and GREEN LANTERN as you pit your wits against Lex Luthor and The Joker. *Note: This ride includes virtual loops and does make you feel if you are being pulled in several directions, so if you have motion sickness, be warned. You might feel the effects. The ride also has a height limit for riding so younger children might not be allowed.
What is your favorite attraction at Six Flags?