Thanks to some health problems this year, I’ve been forced to start a new diet. One of the few foods I have been able to eat was plain baked or grilled chicken. I haven’t had a problem but noticed my family has. When I asked what I should do with a pack of chicken breasts recently, Bryan mumbled, “Throw them in the garbage.” That’s when I decided I need to find new recipes for the rest of the family. I found this Peach Glazed Chicken Recipe in a Five Ingredients or Less Cookbook, and it has been a hit. I made a couple of changes and learned this can be made grilled or baked. You can also substitute boneless pork loin for the chicken breasts. The recipe is naturally gluten free and has a minimal prep time, making it a fast favorite for me.
How to Make Peach Glazed Chicken
Another great time about this recipe is how it uses simple, easy to find ingredients. All you’ll need is a can of peaches in juice, cornstarch, peach gelatin, sugar and either pork loin slices or chicken breasts. I’ve found the flavor is better when you allow the chicken to marinade for about 30 minutes. If you are in a hurry, just pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and bake.
To make the marinade, mix the cornstarch with one cup of the juice drained from the peaches. Bring this mixture to a boil in a small saucepan. Allow the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally for three to five minutes (until slightly thickened). Add the spoons of peach gelatin and stir. Mix in chopped peaches and chicken. Allow to marinade. Then bake or grill the chicken. Easy Peasy, but, oh, so good. This recipe is delicious served with our Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and Smore’s Parfaits for dessert.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drain and save juice
- 2 tablespoons EACH peach gelatin and cornstarch
- water, if needed
- Pour juice and enough water to make one cup liquid into a small saucepan. Add cornstarch and sugar, stir until blended. Bring the mixture to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in the peach gelatin until blended.
- Chop peaches into pieces. Stir into peach gelatin mixture. Add chicken breasts. Marinade for 30 minutes. Grill chicken breasts, brushing mixture over chicken until chicken is done.
- If you prefer, place chicken in a 9" by 13" casserole dish. Pour peach mixture over chicken and cook at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
What is your favorite simple and delicious chicken recipe?
You Might Like These Posts