Finding a dessert that meets everyone’s dietary restrictions is hard. Do you know how many products have either gluten, dairy, soy or oats? The answer: A lot. Finding a dessert that doesn’t contain any of these ingredients and tastes good is even harder. When we received some Quinoa Puffs, Brittany began to ask, “What can we make with these?” She was relentless. “I think we –probably meaning “me”– should make something.” Naturally, since it is summer, I wanted something no-bake and quick. I experimented with one of my favorite peanut butter bars recipe and came up with this gluten free dairy free no bake Peanut Butter Puff Bars recipe. It’s also vegan if a vegan confectioners sugar is used. And guess what? They do taste good!
No Bake Peanut Butter Puff Bars Recipe
These bars have only five ingredients and a short prep time. If you don’t need gluten free or dairy free, you can substitute regular chocolate chips for the dairy free chocolate chips and regular butter or margarine. Feel free to swap out the quinoa for another cereal you prefer, like Corn Flakes, Chex, or Rice Krispies.
Tip: I have found Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and Earth Balance Soy-free Dairy Free ” butter” is our favorite brands to use in recipes. We used Pereg Vanilla Quinoa Pops cereal.
*Also, because I have found several cooking sprays have soy in them, I spread a piece of waxed paper across the bottom of my pan instead. It makes for easy removal of the bars and for easy cleanup too.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) peanut butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) confectioners sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) "non-dairy" butter OR real butter, divided
- 1½ cups (12 ounces) dairy free chocolate chips OR regular chocolate chips
- 1 package (3.53) ounce Vanilla puffed Quinoa Pops cereal
- For the Bars:
- Place ½ cup of butter into a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Add peanut butter and confectioners sugar to the butter. Stir until blended. Add the quinoa pops cereal and stir until blended. Pour mixture into an 8" by 8" pan lined with waxed paper. Spread peanut butter mixture evenly across the pan. Place dish in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes to harden.
- For the Frosting:
- Add ½ cup butter and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chips are melted, stirring mixture after 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until melted and spread across the top of the peanut butter mixture. Return the bowl to the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes for chocolate to set.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.
Do you have a favorite no bake dessert that is gluten free and dairy free?
You Might Like These Posts: