People sometimes ask me what’s the secret to a long and happy marriage. I jokingly tell them, “It’s because my husband traveled for work!” During his years of traveling, he used Extended Stay America as his preferred hotel. We often traveled to visit him and shared his hotel room. After he quit his rigorous travel schedule, we still used Extended Stay America when traveling for pleasure. We’ve stayed in a lot of Extended Stay America locations around the country. Wondering why? Here’s why Extended Stay America is perfect for families.
This is a partnered post with Extended Stay America. All opinions are my own.
Reasons to Visit Extended Stay America
1. The Kitchen-This is one of the main reasons our family chooses Extended Stay America. Our family has food allergies. Lots and lots of food allergies. Between allergies to milk, soy, wheat, oats, and chocolate, it seems like there isn’t much left to eat. Dining out can be a hassle worrying about cross contamination or whether there will be any dishes that everyone can eat. Plus, it’s makes the trip so much more expensive. We have discovered it’s easier to cook and Extended Stay America has all the items we need to prepare a meal, saving us time, money, frustration, and doctor bills. Extended Stay America has a fully stocked kitchen, with dishes and utensils, pots and pans, a coffee maker, and more. They’re clean too! During our recent stay, all the kitchen equipment was sanitized, stored in a secure location, and delivered to our room when we asked for it. If you don’t have to worry about allergies, Extended Stay America offers a “Grab and Go” breakfast each morning. Selections include items like oatmeal, grits, granola bars, and muffins, along with coffee.
2. The Different Suite Options– I am never sure how many people in the family might be traveling with us. One of our upcoming trips started as a weekend for two and now, at last count, we have nine people going. Yes, that means having one bed isn’t going to cut it. Suites feature either two double beds, one queen bed, or one king bed so there’s options for different sized families. The rooms all include kitchenettes with a refrigerator, a stove, and a microwave.
3. The Amenities- One of my favorite things about Extended Stay America is the little perks. Those bonus things I like to have without having an extra charge; like free parking, free wi-fi and flat-screen televisions with free premium channels. For those of us who can’t travel without a pet, they offer pet-friendly rooms. Select hotels offer a free shuttle to the airport and free shuttle service to local restaurants and stores. Plus, kids stay free. That’s an awesome deal for families!
4. The Extended Perk$ Program– is different than many loyalty programs. Instead of showing your loyalty to a certain chain, this program was devised to show appreciation to us, the guest. It’s an easy process to sign up online. As soon as you’ve joined, you can immediately save 20% on one to six nights. But it’s not a one- time deal. You will receive weekly specials that could be anything from the best hotel deals to flash sales to special promotions on rental cars, dining, theme parks and more. Did I mention it was free to join? You can download the loyalty program app and receive everyday savings, allowing you to save up to $2500 annually on some of the top brands in America, like Avis and Universal Studios. Hundreds of brands participate. Best of all, Extended Stay America doesn’t charge guests 5-10% more to cover loyalty program expenses. Stop paying for your loyalty and get rewarded instead. Stop paying for your loyalty and get rewarded instead.
Plus, they are reasonably priced and have over 620 locations nationwide so we can always find a location in a metropolitan area. Be sure to check out their “Best Rate Guarantee.” If you can find a lower price than what Extended Stay America charges on a qualified travel website, they will not only meet the rate, they will discount it 10%! Planning a trip in advance? Use their “Book Early” program. Guests who book more than 7 days in advance receive 5% off their room fee, while guests who book 21 days or more in advance, receive 10% off of their room fee. Not only does Extended Stay America offer everyday low rates on nightly, weekly, and longer stays, they also offer special pricing to Seniors, AAA members, Military and Government personnel.
Our Stay in Asheville
We recently stayed at the Asheville, North Carolina location. It’s located approximately ¼ of a mile off of Tunnel Road on a hill. Though Tunnel Road seemed to be a fairly busy road, our secluded location meant we didn’t hear any traffic noise. There is ample parking around the building. This is a convenient location only a few minutes from downtown and local attractions. We discovered we were also 10 to 15 minutes from the quaint little town of Black Mountain. All of these locations can be accessed easily from the hotel without having to use the interstate. For anyone who doesn’t want to cook, several chain restaurants are nearby. There are grills and a picnic table available for guests to use whenever the weather is warm.
We were greeted immediately on arrival by friendly staff who checked us in quickly and made sure we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Our room was located on the first floor close to an exit door, but I heard no noise from the floors above us, from the rooms surrounding us, or from anyone in the halls. I appreciated our nicely sized room, complete with a table and chairs and a recliner.
I noticed a small display near the check-in desk where guests had dropped their keys. Because I always love to hear tales of companies giving back, I had to investigate. I was glad I did. Extended Stay America supports the Hotel Keys for Hope program. This program donates $1 for every room key (up to $1 million dollars) to the Hotel Keys for Hope. This provides free and deeply discounted rooms to cancer victims and their families.
The friendly staff at the hotel and the clean, comfortable room made our stay enjoyable. We would definitely stay here again when we are in the Asheville area.
WANT TO GET SOCIAL WITH EXTENDED STAY AMERICA? YOU CAN FIND THEM ON
• Facebook – @extendedstayamerica
• Twitter – @extendedstay
• Instagram – @extendedstayamerica
• Pinterest – @TheExtendedStay
Have you stayed at an Extended Stay America? Visit their website to learn more about the locations, special offers, and the Extended Perk$ Loyalty Program.