There’s nothing like finding the perfect gift for that hard to buy for friend or family member. That brings me to some of my favorite posts of the year; Holiday Gift Guides. Every year I scour through hundreds of emails and personally test products to find gifts I know my family and friends would enjoy. And if they can please my picky family and friends, they’re sure to be a hit with anyone. Our Women’s Holiday Gift Guide includes goodies for the Fashionista, for ladies who love pampering, for the hostess, and for the Domestic Goddess. Any of these gifts are sure to earn you a place on the “Nice List.” (Note: There are lots of product pictures, which could take time to load.)
Samples were received but all opinions are my own.
For the Fashionista
1. Graced By Grit – was founded by Kimberly Caccavo and Kate Nowlan who wanted to develop a line of “Premium Athletic Apparel Designed To Empower and Keep Women Safe. ” Using elegant styles and high-performance fabrics, they created clothing that not only feels good but looks good from behind. If you travel often, as I do, you know the importance of having that Perfect Travel Dress. You know the one that you can style a variety of ways, doesn’t wrinkle in your suitcase and can be dressed up or down. Graced By Grit has the solution. Their Perfect Travel Dress comes in Black and can be styled five ways. Wear it long, mid-calf, or short. It can even double as a beach cover-up! Add heels and you’re ready for a night on the town. Or add a sweater for cool evenings. Any way you choose to wear it, it’s sure to become a travel staple!
The Perfect Travel Dress retails for $138 and comes in sizes XS to L.
2. Alima Pure Lip Tint Duo– The holiday season means lots of outings and parties. Of course, you want to look your best. That’s where the Ultimate Alima Pure Lip Tint Duo comes in handy. The lip tint duo I received included two shades; Blackberry and Poppy. Other packages include Calla & Poppy, Daisy & Blackberry, Honey & Paprika, Dahlia & Peony, and Currant & Petal. Designed to condition lips while providing a hint of color, these lip tints are made with the purest natural ingredients. Made with minimal ingredients, these products are never tested on animals. The list of what they do not include- all products are free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, phthalates, Dimethicone, petroleum, talc, bismuth oxychloride, and nanoparticles- is impressive. The lip tint glides on smoothly and as a delicious, but light, scent.
The Alima Pure Ultimate Lip Tint Duo retails for $20 and is a great stocking stuffer.
3. Aventura Bronte Dress– Baby, it’s cold outside! When you still want to look good when the weather is frightful, the Bronte Dress by Aventura is the way to go. Made of 100% organic cotton plaited jersey, this dress provides fashion and comfort. Available in 3 colors; Castlerock (Gray), Black, and Smoke Pine, and sizes
XS to XL, this dress features a Geometric Band at the waist and reaches to just above the knees. Thanks to Aventura’s support of the use of organic cotton and sustainable materials, the dress is super comfortable. Plus, one of my personal favorites; it can be machine washed in cold water so there are no expensive dry cleaning bills. Aventura not only tries to reduce their environmental impact, they also work with Uncommon Threads, ‘a “boutique” style clothing program where survivors of domestic violence and women in need receive styling services and new clothes.’
The Aventura Bronte Dress retails for $85.
4. OTG247– Do you wish you could be more organized? OTG247 (short for On The Go 24/7) can help. Whether your traveling, rushing to your job or trying to find a place to hold all of your stuff and the kids, the OTG247 has a system to organize your life. Their bags and accessories are designed to work together to keep everything you need in one place. The bags and accessories come in a variety of colors and styles, everything from a basic solid tan to an adorable Kelly Gato Print for the cat lover. Organized by number, the bags are different sizes, from the basic #1 Grab It and GO! Bag for essentials like credit cards, phones, and keys to the #10 Be Prepared and GO! for anything from file folders to magazines to an extra set of clothing. The bags can be used together to store items and keep them handy. No more digging through a large purse for keys or a phone. I know they’re stored in the #1! Some bags are available with straps for easy carrying, while others are designed to be used alone as a clutch or with the bag system. The wipe clean waterproof liner earns a big thumbs up with me!
Prices for Bags range from $45 to $80. OTG247 Sets are also available.
5. Nike Flex Momentum Sunglasses– Anyone who spends time outdoors knows a good pair of sunglasses is essential. If you are looking for 100% UVA and UVB protection while looking stylish, these Nike Flex Momentum Sunglasses are for you. Made with a durable nylon frame, you will barely feel these lightweight glasses. They are comfortable enough you might forget you are wearing them. Their MaxOptics provide a good view and clarity from all angles and they are designed to flatter. Because of their durable, high tension hinges, these are perfect for wearing when working out, jogging or hiking. Available in two shades, Night Maroon and Anthracite, you’ll want to wear these whenever you are outside. Not your style? Not to worry! Nike has 53 different styles of Women’s Sunglasses.
The Nike Flex Momentum Sunglasses retail for $166.
For The Ladies Who Needs Pampering
1. Bed Of Nails– It has been suggested that I try acupuncture to help relieve my chronic neck pain. I’m not that brave. Instead, I tried the Original Bon Acupressure Pillow and the Original Bon Acupressure Strap by Bed of Nails. What’s the difference between acupuncture and acupressure? While the Bon Acupressure Pillow has 2142 plastic nails with 51 acupressure plates, the nails do not penetrate the skin. The Pillow can be used on any curved area of the body including the feet, neck, and lumbar region. The Acupressure Strap has 1848 nails with 44 pressure plates. It is designed to be used on a targeted area of the body and can be wrapped around the waist or back, arms, legs, and even the head. All products are available in three colors; Island Pink, Botanic Green, and Jet Black. Recommended session times are 10 to 20 minutes, but it can be used as long as you like. Now for the big question? Does it hurt to use it? For me, no. It feels like pressure is being applied when I am lying on it, but it didn’t hurt. I did notice a jab of pain when I quickly reached down to grab the pillow or strap and accidentally grabbed a nail. If the pressure feels painful, it is recommended to adjust your weight so that you are leaning on it and not allowing your full weight to touch the pillow.
The Bed of Nails Pillow retails for $34.95, and the Strap is $29.95
2. Sunbeam Renue Neck Wrap– Feeling stressed after a long day? Are your neck and shoulders tired and sore? The new Sunbeam Renue Neck Wrap is like a heating pad on steroids! Its generous size (22″ by 19″) is made to cover the entire neck and shoulders. With its specially curved design and it contours around the neck, unlike traditional heating pads. Because I am fairly short (5″5), this pad reaches up to the back of my head. There are four heat settings, allowing adjustments for individual tastes. Another plus is the auto shut off. The Wrap will automatically turn off after two hours so it can be worn to bed with no problem. The cord is removable so the pad can be machine washed. I can’t wear this when I am working because it relaxes me so much I fall asleep!
The Sunbeam Renu Neck Wrap retails for $49.99
3. Slumbr Sleep Pillow– Who doesn’t want a comfy night’s sleep? The Slumbr Sleep Pillow helps you find the pillow that is right for you! Begin by taking the 45-second sleep quiz. It’s 8 short questions based on your sleep style, your sleep environment, and your pillow preference that will help determine the pillow you need. The pillows are made with quality ingredients and come in styles ranging from the Orion, a down alternative, to the Cassiopeia, a deluxe pillow filled with goose down. I tried the Lyra, a latex pillow that provides firm support and has a springy feel. I like that it is “scrunchable.” I am able to get my hand under the pillow and scrunch it while I sleep. It’s not a tall pillow, which is a bonus since I have neck pain and tall pillows make my neck ache. The founders, Michelle and Heather, tested hundreds of pillows and consulted with sleep specialists to develop their pillows. Take the quiz and find the pillow that can make your slumbr “comfortable, restorative, and delightful.”
The Lyra Pillow retails for $75.
4. JR Watkins Lotions– JR Watkins is one of the classic products almost everyone remembers. After all, they’ve been in business since 1868! Here’s one thing you might not know; since 2008 they’ve committed to a Freedom Code. They only use safe, natural ingredients in all of their products, like their Shea Butter Hand Cream. Made with natural shea and cocoa butter, this nongreasy cream can be used all over the body! Available in six scents, this hand cream will be the perfect stocking stuffer. I am partial to the Lemon Cream flavor. It smells like lemon ice cream. The grapefruit lotion has a nice refreshing scent if you need a pick me up! Other scents include Aloe & Green Tea, Coconut Milk & Honey, Lavender, Pomegranate & Acai.
The Shea Butter hand cream retails for $9.99
5. BuddhiBox – For the Yogi in your life, BuddhiBox is a monthly gift box that brings 4 to 6 sample and full-sized Yoga products directly to their door. Items in the October box included full-sized samples of Sincerely Different Achy Muscle Rub, MoonDani Mystical Mint Freshener Breath Spray, Evelyn Iona Cosmetics Green Tea Primer, a Sat Nam Amazonite Malas bead bracelet, and a Rose Quartz heart. A sample package of Theramu Pro To Go cream for pain relief was also included. Other items were an instruction card for the Dancing Shiva Twist, a recipe card for a detox cleanser and a motivational postcard. I also like that Buddhibox gives back. Each month a portion of the sales are given to a charity. October’s charity was the Kauai Humane Society. One month box gifts or six-months of Boxes are available to give as gifts. Other box options are available as well. Full sized products and sample products from the boxes are sold in the BuddhiBox store.
The Monthly Yoga Box is $34.95, plus $5 shipping.
For the Domestic Goddess
1. Trisha Yearwood Home Collection– Do you know someone who loves to decorate? The Trisha Yearwood Home Collection with exclusive items at Tractor Supply features 19 items designed to bring a touch of country chic to your home. The Large Galvanized Metal Tub is perfect for outdoor decor. Featuring an embossed gold pinecone design and measuring 19 inches long and 10 inches wide, it can easily hold pots of flowers. I added mums for our Fall landscape and plan to change it to mini pine trees for Christmas and winter. Trisha’ Metal Leaf Tray with an embossed golden leaf design would be a lovely addition to holiday tablescape decor. It could also be filled with potted herbs and given as a delightful hostess gift for a gardener. These pieces can be used for any season and will spark creative decor ideas!
The Large Galvanized Metal Tub retails for $29.99. The Metal Leaf Tray retails for $24.99
2. Crock Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker– Love your slow cooker but want the convenience of an Instant Pot? That’s where the Crock-Pot Express comes into play. There are four ways to cook; the traditional slow cooker method, steaming, browning and sauteing, or pressure cooking. With eight one-touch digital settings, you’ll be able to prepare everything from soups and stews to yogurts up to 70% faster! I admit, I had been intrigued by the idea of an instant pot but was wary of trying one. Thanks to the airtight locking lid on the Crock Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker, I’m no longer apprehensive. The airtight locking lid remains locked and in place as long as pressure remains inside the unit. It will only open when the pressure has been released. Did I mention one of my favorite features- easy cleanup? The nonstick cooking pot is removable and dishwasher safe. Look for lots of new instant pot and slow cooker recipes to cook soon!
The Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker retails for $79.99.
3. Fini Cutlery– Nothing makes cooking easier than having good knives. Fini Knives has developed new technology to make the process of dicing, cutting, and slicing easier; a short handle. This helps encourage a “pinch grip,” the same grip used by professional chefs. There’s a lot of science behind the process, but in short, the weight distribution is redistributed on this knife, making it easier, safer, and more comfortable to use. Fini Knives are available in several sizes including a 3.5 paring knife, a 5.5 utility knife, a 7″ Santoku knife, an 8″ Chef’s Knife, an 8″ Serrated Knife and a 10″ Chef’s Knife. Several knife sets are available as well. I am impressed with their 30 day “Get Our Grip Guarantee,” allowing customers to try the knives risk-free for 30 days. It does take a little time to adjust to using these knives, but they have managed to speed up my cooking process once I got the hang of them. Free shipping is available on orders over $75 this holiday season.
The Fini 2 Piece Gift Set is $110. Prices start at $35.
For the Hostess
1. Hillhouse Naturals– was created in 1986 on a farm in Western Kentucky. They began by selling their products at local markets and still use local and natural ingredients whenever possible. (The soy used in their candles comes from soybeans grown on their son-in-law’s farm.) They have expanded over the years to include a line of bath and body products, a line of home fragrance products, and Henry’s Favorites, a line of pet products. Their fragrance products are available in a variety of scents from the Fall Holiday scented Myrrh*Wood or Pumpkin to the Christmas scented Noel and Fir. The candles come in glass containers loving decorated for the holidays and are lovely when added to a tablescape, centerpiece, or mantel display. Holiday Tip: Keep a bottle of their fragrance mist or a diffuser on hand to cover up any odors.
3.5-ounce candles are $13, while 7-ounce candles are $20.
2. Yankee Candle– There’s nothing better than the scents and smells of the Holidays. The classic fragrances of pine, cinnamon, and sugar cookies remind me of my childhood and the wonders of Christmas. But sometimes we need a little help to recreate those classic scents. Treat your guests (and family) to those familiar scents with help from Yankee Candle. Their holiday candle holders can be tucked into a setting of greenery to make a delightful mantle or table centerpiece. Bring the scent of a freshly cut Christmas tree into the house with a Balsam and Cedar Tarts Wax Melt. Or delight a hostess with one of their holiday gift sets, like the Ruby Star Suede Tote. Only available online, it includes one Medium Tumbler Candle and two Samplers® Votive Candles in Christmas Cookie™, two Samplers® Votive Candles in Mistletoe™ and one Ruby Star Votive Candle Holder, all packaged in a stylish red tote. With this gift, you will be remembered long after the season is over!
The Ruby Star Suede Tote is available for $34.99.
3. Gurunanda HoneyComb Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser– Who doesn’t love the smell of essential oils? I use them in everything from homemade scrubs to homemade air fresheners. The Gurunanda Honeycomb Ultrasonic Diffuser is designed to diffuse essential oils into the air for up to seven hours, while the LED lights provide an atmosphere designed to calm and relieve stress. (And who doesn’t need that during the holiday season?) Included with the diffuser are two essential oils. The scents in my package were lavender and peppermint. Founded by Puneet Nanda, Gurunanda is dedicated to producing 100% pure and natural oils without synthetics or additives. All products are non-GMO. Individual bottles of Essential Oil are available in single scents, oil blends, and exotic blends.
The Honeycomb Diffuser Set is available for $29.99. Essential Oil singles are $7.99 each.
4. Happy Wax– is an item I am truly happy about having in my home. Made with natural soy wax and essential oil-infused, phthalate-free scents, Happy Wax is hand poured and comes in adorable shapes like gummy bears, Christmas trees, hearts, and snowmen. And the scents! They range from classic scents with a twist, like cinnamon chai, to holiday scents like snowman smores or pumpkin souffle. The wax melts are packaged in a 3.6-ounce tin, which in my Holiday Mix tin equaled 13 wax melts. Their Wax Warmers are designed in two styles; classic tabletop warmers and outlet plug-in warmers. They feature fun patterns designed to brighten the gloomiest of days. One feature I love on this tabletop warmer is the easy off timer with settings for three, six, and nine hours. No more forgetting to turn off the wax warmer only to discover it the next day! The rubberized skid base, making it harder for kids and cats to knock off the table, is another plus.
Wax Melt Classic Tins are available for $12.95 and Tabletop Warmers are available for $39.95
Which of these gifts would you like to receive for Christmas? I can’t blame you if you want them all!