It’s almost the 4th of July and you have everything planned for a cookout. Until you remember you have guests coming with dairy and gluten allergies. You want to prepare a dessert for them, but it has to be easy and something that no one will suspect is allergy friendly. After all, how many times have people told you that allergy friendly goodies have no taste? This is where I can help you out! This chocolate hazelnut peanut butter bars recipe has only five ingredients and can be made from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. It is sure to be a hit with the kids and the adults.
Samples were received. This post has an affiliate link.
Chocolate Hazelnut Peanut Butter Bars
One of my favorite things about this recipe is it’s dump and go! You can literally add all but one of the ingredients to the mixing bowl at the same time. If you prefer and have more time, you can make these into sandwich cookies. To make sandwich cookies, just roll the batter into equally sized balls, mash with a fork and bake for 8 to 10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Allow the cookies to cool completely. Spread half the cookies with 1 teaspoon of the chocolate hazelnut spread. Place another cookie on top of the spread. Wrap the cookies individually.
For the quick (and easier!) way, spread the cookie dough across the bottom of a 9″ by 13″ baking dish. Allow the mixture to bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are brown, but still soft. Remove the tray from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely. Drizzle chocolate hazelnut sauce on top. I used Rigoni Di Asiago Nocciolata DAIRY FREE Organic Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread, but if you don’t have allergies you can use regular chocolate hazelnut spread. (Nocciolata is new and is organic, non-GMO, Kosher certified, gluten free and vegan certified. It still tastes like the real thing too!)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) peanut butter
- ½ cup (4 ounces) chocolate hazelnut spread
- Mix brown sugar, vanilla, eggs and peanut butter until blended. Place mixture into a 9" by 13" baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is lightly browned, but still soft.
- Remove dish from oven and allow cookies to cool. Slice cookies into bars.
- Warm ½ cup of the chocolate hazelnut spread in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove chocolate mixture from microwave and drizzle over peanut butter bars.
- These are good served warm or at room temperature.
What is your favorite quick and easy dairy free recipe?
You might like these recipes:
The Best Lemon Granita Recipe