It’s our favorite day of the week here at Simply Southern Mom! Yep, it’s Friday, which means two things. The weekend is here and its Gluten Free Friday! For those of you who don’t know, Gluten Free Friday is a weekly series where we’ve partnered with brands to bring you the latest and greatest in gluten free products. Though we have received samples of these products, we only try things we think we (and our readers) will love. And we always share our honest opinion! If this intro is old hat to you, then I’m sure you’re wondering what kind of goodies we have for you this week. Let’s find out!
1. Dancing Deer Baking Co. Cookies offers baked good gifts in both gluten containing and gluten free varieties. The gluten-free versions are certified gluten free, which should make celiacs like me feel safer about consuming them! We received the molasses cookies to sample. The molasses cookies reminded us of gingersnaps. They were nice and soft, which is rare when it comes to gluten free cookies! We ate them plain, but I think they would be delicious topped with vanilla ice cream.
Good For: Kids, School or work lunch, a sweet treat.
Contains: Eggs, processed on equipment with soy, dairy, milk, and tree nuts.
2. Leap Smoothies & Smoothie Bowls makes instant smoothies and bowls that are ready in less than a minute. If you’re a busy mom, or just a busy person, you know how hard it can be to get a meal in you. Leap Smoothie makes it easy! Their instant smoothies are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and soy free! LEAP partners with 1% For the Planet, a charity dedicated to helping the planet. We received a sample pack of the instant smoothies. I like how fast they can be made, and they definitely don’t taste instant. They do have a slight pea protein taste. I like the red power smoothie best!
Contains: legumes (peas)
Good for: on the go, getting extra nutrients in your diet
3. Amara Baby Food is organic baby food. It’s in pouches, and you simply add water, breast milk, or formula. Bam, instant baby food! No more heavy jars to lug around and break. Amara comes in five flavors, which means you can find a flavor for any little tastebuds. Since nutrition is something all parents worry about, you can rest easy knowing that this baby food is organic.
Contains: one flavor contains oats.
Good for: babies, can be used in cooking
4. Free2Be Foods Have a craving for chocolate? Who doesn’t, right? Free2Be Foods makes delicious snacks that anyone can eat. Now they have combined their chocolate with superfood to make tasty snack bites. With flavors like Peppermint Dark Chocolate, Rice Chocolate Blueberry Crunch, and Cranberry Pumpkin Seed, these are thin candy sheets that are breakable and shareable (if you want!). These are great to keep on hand when you have that chocolate craving.
Contains: No Top 12 allergens
Good for: snacking, parties, college students, kids
5. Perfect Slice Bakeware is portion control, easy slice bakeware. If you have celiac, you know how important it is to be fully gluten free. Did you know that it’s important to have your own bakeware specifically for gluten free products? Perfect Slice bakeware has its own cutting system, so no more worries about someone cutting your gluten free brownies with a contaminated knife. This bakeware is carbon steel, which makes it look and feel durable! It also has a nonstick coating, which is very important to me.
Good for: baking, shared kitchens, potlucks
Well, that wraps up the first Gluten Free Friday of May. Did you know that May is Celiac Awareness Month? It’s estimated that around 83% of people with Celiac Disease are misdiagnosed or undiagnosed. It takes an average of 6-10 years for a person with Celiac Disease to get the correct diagnosis! This May, be Celiac Aware…and while you’re at it, you can try some of the products we’ve featured here this week.
Which product would you like to try first?
You can see the previous Gluten Free Fridays posts here:
And don’t forget to check out our selection of Gluten Free recipes.