It’s Friday again, which can only mean two things: the weekend is here, and there’s another gluten free round-up on Simply Southern Mom. If you’re new here, let me tell you about Gluten Free Friday. Every Friday, we share the latest and greatest in gluten free and Allergen Friendly snacks. We partner with brands to receive samples to try out, but we never share anything that we don’t actually eat. I have celiac, my mom (the original Simply Southern Mom) has IBS, and my daughter has FPIES. Between the three of us, we know a little bit about restricted diets— and what tastes good! What are we trying this week?
1. World Peas Fava Crisps a newer brand to me, but not something I was totally unfamiliar with. We had tried some of their products in a Love With Food box earlier this year! When I first got to the sample of World Peas Fava Crisps in the barbecue flavor, I noticed that the bag was half-empty. “Are they good?” I asked. “I like them. They taste like my favorite road trip snack,” my mom replied. These were a hit with the whole family! In fact, my little brother, who has no food allergies, took these back to college with him to eat as snacks. I’m missing out!
Good For: road trips, snacking, lunchboxes, picnics
2. Cheribundi Cheribuddy was a hit around our house when we tried their tart cherry juice a few months back. Since my daughter also has a restricted diet, they were kind enough to send us some of their Cheribuddy juice boxes! These juice boxes are aimed at kids (or kids at heart) and come in several yummy flavors, like cherry lemonade! You have to shake these well to make sure the cherry juice is blended with the other flavors, but once it’s shaken, it’s a huge hit with kids and adults alike. My daughter loves these! Seriously, this is a kid who previously wasn’t a juice box fan. Now she grabs herself one whenever we open the fridge.
Good For: kids, school lunches, summer camp lunches, staying hydrated all summer.
3. Canyon BakeHouse is another brand that I’m familiar with. This time, they sent some of their hamburger and hot dog buns! I don’t really eat hot dogs since they make me queasy, so my family of gluten-eaters polished off the hot dog buns without complaint! The hamburger buns were mine, all mine, though. I like to pop them in the microwave for about 60 seconds to get them steamy and soft. They’re great for burgers, chicken salad, or even a plain ham sandwiches! Canyon Bakehouse also sent their brownie bites, which I am obsessed with. Brownies are my favorite dessert, and these do not disappoint.
Good For: cookouts, lunches, meals for kids, picky eaters, parties
4. Adagio Teas were actually introduced to me by a friend several years ago. Since then, I’ve been a frequent customer! Although I usually purchase the Blood Orange Iced Tea, this time we also purchased a Darjeeling for my brother and a fun Piña Colada flavor. I drink a lot of tea, so high quality tea is important to me. Not only that, but Adagio adheres to better-than-fair-trade standards through their Roots program. I’ve talked about how important fair wages and such are to me, so I like to hear that companies are doing their part! Their website is also easy to navigate and I’m able to complete my frequent order process quickly and without difficulty! They offer free shipping on orders of $49 and over, plus there is no sales tax required in my state of Georgia!
Good For: staying hydrated, coffee replacement, tea aficionados, families
5. La Croix Water is a brand that you might have seen a lot of on our Instagram account. I buy LaCroix pretty much in bulk because I drink so much of it! When I had HG, my only safe drink was plain Soda. Since that’s not the healthiest drink, I knew I needed to get a little more hydration with a little less sugar postpartum. When I found LaCroix, I was hooked. The sparkling water gives me my fizzy drink Fix without the massive amounts of sugar I don’t need, and it comes in fun flavors like cherry limeade, cran-raspberry, passionfruit, and grapefruit. Even my toddler likes LaCroix! We used a can of the passionfruit flavor to make Sangria.
Good For: parties, Soda replacement, staying hydrated, kids, cookouts, mixed drinks
Well, that’s all the brands we have for you today! Don’t worry though, because we’ll be back next Friday with even more cool brands for you to check out. Have you ever heard of any of the brands mentioned today? Which one is your favorite?