It’s finally Friday, and we’re back with Gluten Free Friday! On Fridays, we bring you the latest and greatest in gluten free and allergy friendly products. With celiac, FPIES, and food allergies in the family, we know how hard it can be to find gluten free and allergy friendly foods that actually taste good. Although we’ve partnered with brands and received product in exchange for a review, we only share our honest opinion. We only feature foods that we like, that we think your family will love too! So let’s see what we have this week:
Gluten Free Goodies
1. Pereg Gourmet Foods makes a variety of products. We received several gluten free flours, like plantain, teff, quinoa, banana, and coconut flour. We also received popped quinoa cereal in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and plain flavors. We used the vanilla puffed quinoa in our peanut butter bars recipe. These bars were a hit with both adults and children, and managed to feed a variety of different diets, including a Vegan friend and dairy free and gluten free diets. The flours are perfect for anyone trying out gluten free baking, or for anyone wanting to vary their grains. We liked that the flours came with recipes on back for inspiration! We will be featuring them in several upcoming recipe so stay tuned.
2. Sparkling Ice makes sparkling water, tea, and lemonade. I love sparkling water, especially when I’m having a day when I feel nauseated for no reason. Sparkling water seems to settle my stomach and can be more palatable than flat water. I’ve tried just about every sparkling water out there! I like that Sparkling Ice comes in fun flavors like cherry limeade and black raspberry! My mom is picky when it comes to sparkling water, and even she likes Sparkling Ice!
3. Smart Touch Chef Al Dente Singing Pasta Timer is a must have for pasta lovers. If you’re like my mom, and hate the “throw pasta at the wall” method that I learned in middle school, then this timer is for you. Shaped like a chef, his internal timer starts when the water reaches boiling, and he sings when your pasta has reached al dente. My mom thinks he’s the cutest gadget to enter her kitchen in quite a while, and that’s saying something.
4. Previnex Multivitamins are gluten, dairy, and soy free multivitamins for kids. It can be hard to find vitamins that are safe for food allergy kids (lactose and gluten are common binders in medications), but kids with celiac and food allergies are more likely to be unable to eat a balanced diet. Enter Super Vites! With each purchase, Previnex donates a bottle of vitamins to children in need, so you’re doing good with each purchase.
5. Beetology Organic Juices I’m a sucker for a cold-pressed juice. They taste great, and it’s a good way to get in fruits and veggies that I wouldn’t otherwise eat. Beetology offers several flavors of cold-pressed beet-based juice drinks, like beet + veggie and beet + tropical fruit. These drinks are gluten free, non-dairy, and non-soy. They’re also non-GMO, certified organic, and fair trade! That’s a whole lot of goodness before you even get to the ingredients— and there are no more than 5 in each bottle. Beets have a variety of nutrients, like manganese, so these juices are chock-full of vitamins and minerals. As for the taste? I love beets, so I love these. Even if you don’t love beets, they’re worth a try; my toddler loves them!
That’s all we have for you this week! Which of these products are you most excited about?