“Hey, mom, I invited a friend to dinner tonight. She’s vegan.” At one time those words would have filled me with dread. What could I make that everyone in the family and our guest would enjoy? Now, thanks to the myriad of food allergies I have to cook for, it’s no problem. While the baby can eat meat, almost everything else is out. She’s too young to understand why she can’t have those tempting shakes and ice cream dishes she wants to try. I whipped up this refreshing Fuzzy Navel Smoothie Mocktail Recipe and filled her sippy cup. Soon the entire family was clamoring to try it. It’s even a hit with our vegan friends. Did I mention it only has four ingredients and can be mixed together in minutes? Let the mocktails flow!
Fuzzy Navel Smoothie Mocktail Recipe
While this can be consumed as soon as it is prepared, I like to place it in the freezer until it is slushy. This usually takes around an hour. If you don’t want to wait for the mixture to become slushy, add ice cubes to the blender when preparing the smoothie. The recipe is naturally gluten free and dairy free. If you would like a vegan version, use agave in place of the honey. The recipe can also use fresh peaches or a can of peaches. Just be sure to drain the juice before you use it!
- 1½ cups (12 ounces) orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey OR agave (adjust this to taste)
- 1 can (28 ounces) sliced peaches in water, drained OR two large peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks
- *ice cubes, optional
- Add orange juice, peaches, honey or agave and banana to a blender. Process for 30 seconds or until mixture is blended. Add ice cubes, if using, and process until ice cubes are blended.
- If not using ice cubes- place mixture into a shallow pan and freeze until slushie (approximately one hour.)
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Do you have a favorite easy smoothie or mocktail recipe that is a family favorite? What ingredients do you keep on hand to whip it up? If you try the Fuzzy Navel Smoothie Mocktail recipe let me know what you think.
You Might Like These Posts:
No Bake Peanut Butter Puff Bars (Gluten Free & Vegan)
Peach Sherbet Recipe (Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan)
Homemade Blueberry Crisp Recipe (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Copycat Orange Julius Recipe (Gluten Free with Dairy Free Option)